Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2020, 02:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

dashboard heater and a/c evaporator cores

Hi, I have a 2004 Journey 36g. I have removed the front clip and have taken out the heater core and a/c evaporator both of which I will replace. Any suggestions on finding such parts? Otherwise I will ship to a raditator shop. The other question is WHERE TO FIND A MANUAL / PARTS CATALOGE on this section of the unit!! Can't seem to find info on this anywhere. Getting parts numbers would be of great help. I thought maybe it was under Freightliner Chasis info, but their website doesn't seem to list these things either. ???
Is it handled by Winnebago or Freightliner?
What I otherwise need is info on the housing box itself. The operational flaps for heat / air control have a fabric / foam covering that is mostly deteriorated. I would like to know how best to replace and what exactly to replace with.
Any help or directions to where I can find info will be extremely appreciated!
Trying to call Winne at this time seems impossible to get through. Perhaps they are mostly working from home due to Covid?
Thanks in advance for any response...stay safe and happy trails!
Bajasoon
Bajasoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 03:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Those parts of the RV are chassis builder parts and Winnebago does not do much for info on them as they simply add the RV on top. That gets us into needing info from Ford, Chevy or whoever built the chassis and those folks are often really tight with the info we need as it provides work for their dealerships.
I would expect the best choice is going to be searching for truck parts, rather than RV sources.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:55 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Bajasoon, I think those AC and heater parts are from Specific Climate Systems (SCS)/Frigette which is somehow connected to Victory Climate Systems (VCS). They sourced many motorhome AC systems for Winnebago and others. It may be tricky to find some of the parts but surprisingly many parts are still available. Best to download and look at your parts list from the Winnebago website and then to do some Google searches. There are lots of old posts on various RV forums about those systems but it will take some digging. Good luck!
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 09:37 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

It looks like what you need is a copy of the Freightliner "Recreational Vehicle Chassis Workshop Manual." When I look in my Chassis Maintenance Manual, everything relating to the AC refers you to that book.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 01:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks so much for the responses and info. I located new cores both heater and a/c evaporator at Lichensen (sp.?). I suppose they get them from Winnebago, who doesn't seem to deal direct to customers with parts and phone message suggests locating a dealer. That's disappointing, but I'm happy to have found them.
At Lichensen, they said that the cores, and the box they are housed in are Winnebago parts, not Freightliner, just to let you know. I was surprised at that as well.
Thanks, again...great forum, great folks, stay safe!
Best, Bajasoon (Dawn)
Bajasoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, heat, heater