Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2020, 05:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Where are the fuses??

I have a 2016 31C Brave tribute, and while flat-towing my Jeep toad the power cable got mangled and blew whatever protects the tow power cable. As the result, the Jeep no longer mirrors the RV turn signals or brake lights, though running lights are OK. In my experience with other tow vehicles, that is always a blown fuse, not a breaker, and the RV repair shop I spoke with agrees with that diagnosis. Problem is, I have four breaker panels, but I can't find any fuses. Anywhere. The "owners manual" is useless, as I'm sure you all know. Reviewing the wiring diagrams for this model on the Winnie site, there are fuses somewhere, but the Winnie build diagrams don't show where they are located. Does anybody know?

Thanks,
Rich
raspritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:38 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Two systems of 12VDC is what I expect to find on RV. One for the coach systems and coming off the coach battery. We get lots of drawings for that at times from Winnebago. But then there is the second system for the "truck" things that are installed on the chassis before Winnebago sets the RV on and that will be on Ford. chevy or whoever builds the chassis and likely to be tough to get hands on. So that leads me to look under the hood first for the chassis fuses. Often a big box along the firewall.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Morich. That was the correct advice, and I should have thought of it. Ford, at least, is crystal clear in its owner's manual. Two banks of fuses; one under the dash and one in the engine compartment. The first fuse I pulled was blown, and replacing it solved the problem. Thanks!
raspritz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse