Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2023, 11:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Battery boost solenoid location 2003 Adventurer 33V

I had the same issue experienced in this old thread: Step Alarm Fuse

It's a failure in the "Run Only Power Source" circuit.

These were my symptoms:
. Step alarm 5A fuse immediately blows on ignition key turn, step operation good.
. 18 ohms to ground on the load side of the step alarm fuse with ignition off - not good.
. Jacks beeper and alarm light dead, jack control panel and operation good.
. Rearview camera dead (inline fuse good, temporarily rewired to house power, then good.)
. Coach heater blower motor dead.
. Alternator does not charge house bank - no bueno when I have 1,300 miles to drive starting the next day. Temporarily rigged an aux battery/inverter to keep house bank charged while traveling.
. Battery boost operation good.

I started going through the remaining circuits mentioned upthread:
. Coach heater switch removed, does not resolve short.
. Battery boost switch removed, bingo, short resolved.

Before I go hunting for it, can anyone tell me what that solenoid looks like, and/or where it is located? I plan on replacing the switch with something generic and the solenoid with the NAPA equivalent mentioned in the old thread.

Cheers,
Steffan
2003 Adventurer 33V
steffanfay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solenoid, vent, battery, cat, adventurer