Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

This was our first trip out with our new flatbed trailer, heading up to one of our favorite riding spots. This is the earliest we've been camping there, only one other family brave, daring or dumb enough to head up - like us they had a bad case of cabin fever going on. The 35J drove great with the loaded trailer, though I need to adjust the rearview camera to see the rear of the trailer better. I'd like to install one of those cameras that tilts up and down, but I can't find anyone that just sells the camera only.

We had 30amp hooks ups so we were able to run two space heaters most of the weekend. No problems with the rig; the items we had fixed all worked fine. Sunday morning did find the TV making its circular rainbow pattern again, figured I'd need to have it replaced (again) but when I got home it was working fine. I'm guessing it was to cold. Any one had this problem?

Here are a few shots of the setup.

Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

This was our first trip out with our new flatbed trailer, heading up to one of our favorite riding spots. This is the earliest we've been camping there, only one other family brave, daring or dumb enough to head up - like us they had a bad case of cabin fever going on. The 35J drove great with the loaded trailer, though I need to adjust the rearview camera to see the rear of the trailer better. I'd like to install one of those cameras that tilts up and down, but I can't find anyone that just sells the camera only.

We had 30amp hooks ups so we were able to run two space heaters most of the weekend. No problems with the rig; the items we had fixed all worked fine. Sunday morning did find the TV making its circular rainbow pattern again, figured I'd need to have it replaced (again) but when I got home it was working fine. I'm guessing it was to cold. Any one had this problem?

Here are a few shots of the setup.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I have no idea what camera you have but would one of these be what you have in mind?
http://www.asaelectronics.com/detail.html?catid=&pid=79
It comes with the bracket to adjust up or down. I got one to replace my b/w camera but haven't installed it yet. Scenery looks familiar, not far from Idaho so maybe I have been over that road. Good pictures.
Here is their address:
Brian Woods
Technical Services
ASA, LLC
Elkhart, IN
Ph 800.688.3135 ext 528
Fax 574-266-1533
[email protected]
www.asaelectronics.com
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:39 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Jerry I'll check into that. I was reading about one of the Winnies having a camera that tilted down automatically when backing then back up when in drive mode - that sounds like a perfect setup.

The photo was taken about 20 miles outside of Heppner, OR at the base of the Blue Mountains on highway 207.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

[quote]This was our first trip out with our new flatbed trailer, heading up to one of our favorite riding spots. This is the earliest we've been camping there, only one other family brave, daring or dumb enough to head up - like us they had a bad case of cabin fever going on. The 35J drove great with the loaded trailer, quote]

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">What a GREAT looking coach !! I'm glad to hear it pulled well...we haven't towed anything with ours yet. We will be pulling the minivan for our next trip in April.</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Y Guy, i guess I am photo dumb, tell me how to post photo like you did at bottom.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Joh,

You'll need to find a host for your photo, I think you can upload photos here in iRV2 - however I can't help with that since I have my own domain that I host my own photos.

To edit your signature...

Click Go, Personal Zone, Profile
On the right side click on 'View/Edit complete Profile'
In the Signature Box place the link to your photo with the image tags surrounding the link to your photo [ img ] and [ /img ] without the spaces
Bottom left of the page hit Submit.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:27 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Y-Guy

Tilt camera like http://www.asaelectronics.com/detail.html?catid=&pid=83
Tilts by button on monitor.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:07 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Y-GUY Nice pictures WHERE IS THE SNOW
FamilyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

I wish there had been snow, plenty of mud at the ATV area, but we only found a few areas of snow on the north side of the mountains.

Jerry - thanks that seems to be what I'm looking for.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:23 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Nice - where was the picture taken

sometimes I feel like I live on the wrong side of the country
FamilyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:04 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

In Eastern Oregon, at the base of the Blue Mountains. Its one of our favorite places to ride, country changes dramatically from desert plateau to wonderful heavily treed areas too. Having lived around the country growing up and as an adult we opted to move back to the Northwest. This is one of the areas we get to see and ride through.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Hey Y
Wanna get in the snow, come to SE Minn. Had 6 inch in the last 12 hrs and another 10 coming the way it sounds. Really down about it, last week we were in the 40's and I was getting cranked to get the MoHo out the shed, and ready to go to Arizona in a month or so, now it's snowed in for couple more weeks.

The only good thing, I did get alot of play time with my sportsman with the plow today and even more tomorrow. But like one of our Motorhoming buddies said today, "what on earth are two guys with land yachts doing in the minnesota snow, we should be out of here". Only if a guy didn't have to work to pay for the darn things.

05 Sightseer 34A
rvdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:24 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Yikes! I like snow, but happy with the few days we get here in the desert now. I lived in Missouri for 5 years, had enough snow and ice. But I didn't have my ATV with plow at the time either. I get to plow/play when it snows and do our neighborhood as well as the Y parking lot.

I see those full timers drive past me when I'm on the road and I begin counting years until we can enjoy the same lifestyle.