Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2024, 12:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2020 Vista Front Windshield Top Trim - Molding

2020 Vista Front Windshield TOP Rubber Molding / Trim Piece is loose on one 1 side.
Anyone know How it is held in Place ? Seems like it just is held in a channel. I can't get a real close look from my Step ladder and Hoping someone Knows more so I have the proper Material before I climb up on the roof to repair. NO water leaks as the windshield is in place like a Automotive windshield with Urethane Adhesive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Molding-2-Fixed.PNG
Views:	22
Size:	363.6 KB
ID:	188632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Molding-3-Fixed.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	188633  

kamphiker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 01:41 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

As I recall, that rubber strip is shaped like a T. From the outside, you look at the top of the T. The leg of the T press fits into a U shaped plastic channel above the windshield. The channel is attached to the steel frame of the windshield with something like 3M Very High Bond double-stick tape. Frequently, the steel frame has corrosion and the 3M VHB no longer adheres to it.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 01:45 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Also, each end of the rubber strip is held with a screw and washer. You have to remove the two vertical side trim pieces to access them. I don't think you can work on it from the roof - you will need a tall ladder.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 11:13 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Mine is also a rounded 'T' and is held by a glass replacer's goo. Here's a shot of what it looks like:

Here's how bad the rust can get on the frame...which promotes glass cracking:

This is what they used for abatement: CRL Black Betaprime 5504G All-in-One Primer; promotes adhesion to the vehicle body and the automotive glass and prevents rust from forming in small nicks and scratches on the pinchweld.

Your rig is only a 2020 and unless you had drops or mystery puddles of water on the dashboard during rain storms, I doubt your window frame has that extensive of rusting. But, it's something to be cognizant of and maintenance is key.

Here's my ad free blog article about the glass guys replacing the windshield and all the rubbers, might be something to consider for the future if you get a cracked windshield someday: Front Windows...

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote