Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2021, 02:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Windshield Top Molding Replacement

Before I go messing with it, can anyone please advise how it is replaced?

The rubber strip at the top of the windshield. Not the windshield seal.

What holds it in place?

Thx

-Ken
2015 Vista
LetsGo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:12 PM   #2
aa1ssradio

It just snaps in
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I think I'm going to have to take it off then, because I can't get it to completely seat on the left side extreme end. There's a gap at the top for about 6-8 inches and I've tried using my hand, a rubber mallet, etc. and it doesn't want to seat all the way, for some reason.

Do you know if I have to remove the A-pillar trim pieces that the molding slips under? (and how do they come off)

Any tips or experience actually working with this molding much appreciated!
LetsGo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:46 PM   #4
US1
Winnebago Camper

On mine.....remove the side pillar trim panel (4 screws), the top rubber trim just snaps in a plastic channel that is glued??? in to the WS metal frame. the channel does not extend all the way to the sides, a few inches shy. And then 1 screw (behind the side pillar panels) to hold the top trim seal ends in location. If the plastic U channel becomes unfastened, the rubber seal wont stay snug against WS. I filled the gap behind the seal with an urethane window adhesive purchased from my local autoglass shop, and reinstalled the seal for a watertight seal. That also kept the seal in place as the plastic channel on mine was loose in a couple of spots, and no way to reattach.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement