Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2015, 09:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2015 Vista 36Y

Recently purchased a Vista 36Y and exploring the possibility on installing a Winegard Traveler Satellite. Looking for some assistance on what type and size of screws for the fiberglass roof. Also what sealants are recommended? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Red
mvcompromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I just purchased the same MH. I purchased the Tailgater. The 36Y comes pre-wired for that unit. We don't need in motion TV and the tailgater allows you to place it away from trees to get best reception. For us it's a no brainer with no extra work. Plus I can't belive the quality picture you get from the standard HD antenna that comes with the Vista if you choose to to set up the dish for a short stay. You may want to check that out if you weren't aware of the Tailgater. Good Luck, Dave
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

mvcomprise,
The Traveler package will/should come with everything you need to mount it to the roof. My MH has a sticker indicating where the cable are located. The Traveler also has a template (avail on line too) so you can check the location for roof obstructions and clearance. As for sealant, I use Dicor self-leveling for most roof needs, except roof to wall edge joints. There's a youtube video that give an overview of installing one, too.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

OH...... and Welcome to the forum as well.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:24 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

We are seriously thinking about ordering the 36Y. We are new to the MH world but have towed a 5th wheel for 30 years. We are not ready to go to a dealer so we are ferreting out the information.

- Slide toppers come with 36Y?
- Hydraulic slide mechanism?
- Central vacuum?
- 2 LNB's(we use a non-swm dish)?
- rear camera fulltime or only when backing up?
- all fans are Fantastic Fans?
- can each slide be extended independently?

I think that is it for now and thanks.
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:44 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Sue46, this link should answer some of your question.
Vista Overview | Winnebago RVs
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:34 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
We are seriously thinking about ordering the 36Y. We are new to the MH world but have towed a 5th wheel for 30 years. We are not ready to go to a dealer so we are ferreting out the information.

- Slide toppers come with 36Y?
- Hydraulic slide mechanism?
- Central vacuum?
- 2 LNB's(we use a non-swm dish)?
- rear camera fulltime or only when backing up?
- all fans are Fantastic Fans?
- can each slide be extended independently?

I think that is it for now and thanks.
I have had the 36y for 30 days now and am loving it. I can help with most of your questions.

Yes it does have slide toppers and each slide is independent from each other. It has the Lippert slides and levelers. There is one fantastic fan in the kitchen area in the middle of the coach.... there a different motorized fan in the bathroom but I do not think it is the fantastic fan brand... not sure on that one. The rear camera has a switch so it can be on fulltime if you choose or just when you put it in reverse. There is no central vac and being new I do not know what the LBN is that your asking about. The unit we have has 3 tv's and the have hdmi cables run the them. They have a place to connect to a sat receiver to each TV. and seperate outside cable and sat jack to plug the parks cable or a tailgator. It comes with a powered HD antenna that gets a great picture and each TV can get tuned into a different channel if you choose.

Hope this helps you and feel free to send me any other questions you have.

Dave

Texas Boomers and FMCA members
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:08 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Grant and Dave,

Thank you for your timely replies.

Grant-I found that website and it created more questions than I had

Dave,

You have answered all my questions, thanks. The LNB question is in regard to satellite tv and the type of dish one has. If you have a SWM dish,you need one LNB if you have a non-SWM dish you need 2 LNBs. We never use our batwing unless there is bad weather.

Once the snow clears and it isn't muddy we will get to the dealer and start talking.
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote