Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-09-2021, 07:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2001 Itasca Suncruiser - Rear Panels removal

Good Morning! I'm looking for instructions to remove the rear tail lamp panel and rear corner panel on a 2001 Itasca Suncruiser. A mouse got in there over the winter and made a nest in the Styrofoam in the back panel on the driver side rear panel. I'm pretty sure if I can remove the body panel that the tail lamp mounts to and possibly the attached, corner panel (vertical piece) I can get rid of the nest. Any information on how to remove these panels would be great!

Thank you!
BigEd358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:16 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I believe that the back end cap is a one piece down to just below the brake light assemblies so it would be detached up on the roof and probably a few places on the vertical section after removing all the marker and brake light assemblies, than lifted up like a door so you can access things underneath. That's one way anyway.

Not sure where you've spotted the nest, but here are a couple pictures that may help:

And though mine is a Journey, this picture is of an Itasca:

These days you can buy an inspection camera with a 6 foot probe to get up in there and view where the nest is for under $20. Works with Blue Tooth displaying on your phone or tablet.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:35 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Here's a link to such a camera:

https://www.amazon.com/Seesi-Endosco...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:20 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

'01 Adventurer does not have a rear cap.

This thread, about the taillight housings, may help. (It has a picture too....)

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Yep, I picked one up yesterday but unforntunately, I can only go so far up the panel from under the RV. It's all sealed up so I want to remove the tail lamp panel in order to have better access to move the camera around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Old 06-09-2021, 02:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Pics

I've attached a few pics of the rear panels of my 2001 Itasca so you can see what I'm dealing with. Thankfully, the tail lamp panels corner and back panels are all separate. I took tomorrow off to attack this thing. How we know that there is a mouse nest in that area, when we opened the cabinet next to the bed, located in the back drivers side, we can smell it. The last few days have been in the 90's so the smell has been very strong. It only smells in that one cabinet so feel the nest is in the back wall in the Styrofoam insulation just above the tail lamp. I also saw small pieces of Styrofoam insulation on the ground just under the tail lamp. I'll take picks once I find it.

P.S. This is the first time we've ever had an issue with critters.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7710.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	179458   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7711.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	179459  

Old 06-10-2021, 06:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Update: Believe it or not, each of the tail lamp panels are only held in place by two screws behind the inside tail lamp. I also removed the left side corner panel. Thankfully, there was no nest found. So I'm guessing a mouse got in there from below the drivers side rear tail lamp into the cabin but didn't nest. They pee'd in there but that was it. Sprayed the carpet at the entry point with a urine remover, aired out the RV all day and the smell is gone. Also used some Great Stuff (for critters - low expansion) to fill the entry point. Needless to say, it was very easy to remove these panels without having to remove the entire back panel.

Thanks all!
Old 06-10-2021, 07:34 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Nature’s Miracle is the best cleaner/odor remover I’ve ever used in years of dog and cat ownership.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, panel, removal, suncruiser