Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Does anyone know if there is a fuse that could be blown on the tv converter? I use to have a small light that would stay on all the time when I was hooked up to electricity. It no longer shows red. The problem did not hurt the antenna box. It still works. Does this converter need to be replaced with a new unit or what??? I had a bad encounter with battery problems and blew several fuses. Don't want to take it out if it has a fuse. Where would this fuse be? Also, does the two way radio have a fuse to it. There are no lights on it either. After a battery problem; I caused it to spark one time when checking the fluids. No telling what else may be wrong. HELP, Al
Al Spivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Does anyone know if there is a fuse that could be blown on the tv converter? I use to have a small light that would stay on all the time when I was hooked up to electricity. It no longer shows red. The problem did not hurt the antenna box. It still works. Does this converter need to be replaced with a new unit or what??? I had a bad encounter with battery problems and blew several fuses. Don't want to take it out if it has a fuse. Where would this fuse be? Also, does the two way radio have a fuse to it. There are no lights on it either. After a battery problem; I caused it to spark one time when checking the fluids. No telling what else may be wrong. HELP, Al
Old 08-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Give more info regarding rig, gen set, inverter, etc.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hi Doug, My coach is a 04 Winnie Adventurer 35U. The inverter is located next to the TV. Don't know the brand. Hope you have an answer! Thanks, Al
Old 08-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Not knowing your rig model, etc this is a guess, but if you have the 4-pack of radios in a charger unit in the lower dash, there is an inline fuse behind the charger. You need to remove the 4 screws holding it into the dash, pull it out, and you'll see a standard inline fuse in the power line.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Al Spivey:
Does anyone know if there is a fuse that could be blown on the tv converter? I use to have a small light that would stay on all the time when I was hooked up to electricity. It no longer shows red. The problem did not hurt the antenna box. It still works. Does this converter need to be replaced with a new unit or what??? I had a bad encounter with battery problems and blew several fuses. Don't want to take it out if it has a fuse. Where would this fuse be? Also, does the two way radio have a fuse to it. There are no lights on it either. After a battery problem; I caused it to spark one time when checking the fluids. No telling what else may be wrong. HELP, Al </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Al - what exactly is your "tv converter"? Is this what you are calling your inverter? (The inverter being the 'box' that converts battery voltage to AC voltage for your TV.)

Yes - there is a little in-line glass fuse behind the walkie-talky cabinet. Remove the screws on the perimeter of the housing and pull the housing out - you will see the fuse in the power leads.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

John Canfield, You have answered my question as to the walkie talkie box with the little glass fuse. Now, the converter/inverter is in the cabinet next door to the TV. I assume that this converter/inverter is to be used to power the TV when dry camping and it runs on the batteries. My question is, does this unit have a fuse behind it that may have blown. I hope so because I just found out that a brand new unit is right expensive. How much effort is required to replace this fuse if it has one. Or, what do you suggest, a new converter/inverter?? By the way, what is the proper name for this unit?? Thanks for your help. You have called the problems I have had before, come on and help diagnose this one. Thanks, Al
Old 08-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
Al,

I had a similar problem on my 2003 Brave. I finally found the fuse for the inverter. I had the tilt up dashboard. Raise the dashboard and look towards the upper left under the dashboard. I had a fuse panel that Winnebago installed. The labels were on the back side of the instrument panel.

The inverter fuse was a 30 amp fuse. That was the only fuse for the inverter. There is a circuit breaker on the front of the inverter that you reset by pushing it in.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

W8RLM - Bob