Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-11-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2000 Itasca Suncruiser 37G.As I go down the road or park for awhile how do I get juice to TV? I flipped the inverter switch to on and it lit but no juice anywhere. Also do I have any outlets that work from the inverter to charge phone, etc. etc?
flatheader36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:26 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2000 Itasca Suncruiser 37G.As I go down the road or park for awhile how do I get juice to TV? I flipped the inverter switch to on and it lit but no juice anywhere. Also do I have any outlets that work from the inverter to charge phone, etc. etc?
flatheader36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

if I am not mistaken the inverter works off of your house batteries so make sure those are in the on position. Advice I've been given is not to put too much of a load on the inverter - use it while driving but limit use while sitting - use your generator.

My inverter only works the TV and the TV outlet so the kids can hook up their games and such to those while on the road.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Well, I've never tried it on mine -so I don't know if it is true - but a friend told me that the TV won't power up if the engine is running. It is suppose to stop people from going down the road watching tv on the front set.
We usually run the gen so we can have the coach AC on, that makes all the outlets hot for phones, laptops, etc. (maybe even the TV, I will try it and see).
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

My inverter runs the TV,SAT, VCR/DVD and yes there is a plug. On mine their is a plug on the drivers side toward the front wall. I plugged in a gang plug so I could use it for charging cell, etc.
When boon docking and on battery the green light will light when the inverter is turned on. Wait a few seconds and turn on the TV. If the TV doesn't come on I would check the reset and manually trip the Plug on the front if there is one on yours... Ours wasn't tripped one time but couldn't get the rear TV to power up after tripping the plug and resetting it everything worked fine... Maybe someone with the same MH could help you more??
If you have low batteries the read light will light...
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Indy Itasca:
Well, I've never tried it on mine -so I don't know if it is true - but a friend told me that the TV won't power up if the engine is running. It is suppose to stop people from going down the road watching tv on the front set.
We usually run the gen so we can have the coach AC on, that makes all the outlets hot for phones, laptops, etc. (maybe even the TV, I will try it and see). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only the front TV has the safety switch. It can be by-passed if you want to. I run the inverter if it's cool enough in the coach and I don't need the house air - then I run the gen.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:13 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Well, I found out the hard way how "Big" my inverter was in my 2003 Adventure. Can you say 300 watts! Yes the front TV, Back TV, VCR, and I added "Dish TV Box and DVD Recorder". Too MUCH! Replaced with 500 W for $28.85 bought at Sam's, in fact at that price I bought two inverters. Run it on 4 6v gulf cart Batterys, no problems.

Oh by the way, my DVD Recorder has a digital turner, eliminating the need for a "Converter box after Feb of 2009.