Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-14-2020, 11:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

simple bluetooth radio?

Looking for a different radio for the RV, we are wanting an AM-FM with bluetooth but not much else, if we can get something easier to deal with the normal uses we have.

We would like bluetooth for headphones/ telephone use but will never use any of the added features like usb input, etc. if we can get something with large controls to make it easier to set when moving.

We currently have a Jensen of some variety and it has lots of features but very difficult to use as we have never solved the mystery of pairing bluetooth and the manual is not correct for what our unit does. Situation where we can get lots of pretty lights we find totally useless but we can't pair the phone!

I've done lots of looking at ads but many do not do it simple to make for more usable buttons. The end of my finger is larger than the current buttons, making for a real challenge when bumping down the road!

So anybody have suggestions for a simple item for simple use? Kind of a "big button" radio? Single Din, also.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 12:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Vita 24P

I have the Pioneer AVH210. Works as everything and phone calls as well as backup camera display. Simple but reliable. Sorry, it is double din....
Old 12-15-2020, 04:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenore View Post
I have the Pioneer AVH210. Works as everything and phone calls as well as backup camera display. Simple but reliable. Sorry, it is double din....
Sorry, I want to stick with the single DIN and do not need other features as we have the camera and other items already.
Just hoping to find simple. We may just have to ignore the phone as we move. Due to location of the radio, it is not possible to reach the correct buttons to answer as we drive. Normal calls are not usually worth much time to answer but it would be nicer to do.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 06:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Richard: I also have a Vista 31 and am a bit puzzled when you say that you can't reach your radio as ours is in the center of the dash and is quite reachable from the drivers seat. However, we installed a JVC (not sure of the model as the manual is for about 10 different models KD-T915BTS could be the model) and very simple install and the bluetooth paired up to the iPhone with no problem and we are able to play music from the iPhone and take hands free calls NP. To answer a call you only need to push the large volume button.
david1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio