Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-20-2023, 08:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Side and rear cameras not working properly

I remove the Jensen JVR212T unit from my 2013 Adventurer for the winter as the cold affects the operation of the screen. This year when replacing it for the season the side and back-up cameras don't work from the signal light lever or reverse on the gear shift. They do work fine if I manually activate them from the Jensen. Everything appears to be connected properly. Any ideas?
briggzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 09:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Some details depending on what options on the RV but possible help???
This would seem to be the drawings for the rear camera. But we also get very limited info on the RV after 2010 and not a clear line by line schematic that gives actual info on each wire!
We also don't get info on the chassis wiring as that is considered a part of the chassis builders which Winnebago buys as a stripped chassis, leaving them not knowing or caring other than where to connect as they add the top!

So with all that denial out of the way, I think it sounds like you are not getting the "trigger"signal from the chassis wiring as it works when you trigger manually!

One small bit of wiring which you might be able to find and check for that change in voltage on a four wire connector. Bit of hunt and peck that might be as simple as some connector loose??
I think this will be the drawing if you want to go direct or click this snip to get a better view.
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_181230.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	trigger.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	185719

If you are able to find one of those connections, there is hope that it might have a wire ID stamped on the side.
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire ID.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	185720

If you find a wire stamp, it can then be "decoded" using this chart of wire ID:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

Sometimes it is much like an Easter egg hunt and we have to check under every bush!

Here's hoping your basket is filled!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 07:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Very helpful, I'm hoping to start my hunt today and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks
Old 04-21-2023, 08:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I also noticed this drawing on sheet 8. Does it show the same wiring in a different way that you might spot easier?

Some of their drawings do look very much like what we see! If correct, the wires from the radio will meet a plug and on the other side of that plug, the individual wires may be labeled???

Old 04-23-2023, 12:50 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Problem is fixed

The fix is actually kinda of embarrassing. The 3 wire trigger connector plugin for the cameras fell down into the bottom of the dash when I disconnected. I saw the connector on the Jensen but was confused as there was no matching one. Your drawing was helpful as it confirmed the plug on the radio actually had a match somewhere. Took my mechanics mirror and a flash light and there it was hiding in the depths of the dash. Reached down and got it, plugged in, and low and behold I have the cameras working fine. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-23-2023, 01:22 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

We do things like that!

I spent a fair amount of time looking at the connection on my phone charging before I found the wall-wart had fallen out of the plug!
It's always good back there!

Tags
camera