Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-19-2023, 11:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

What does this Anderson Power Connector provied power to?

Behind the front hood (not sure what else to call it) where the genset is located and then behind the removable electrical cover there is a blue Anderson Power Connector. Check it out the picture and tell me what you think it is for.
I was thinking AC power for the generator, but I do not know. At some point I will just disconnect it and see what doesn't work. I would like to avoid that if i can.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-20 012802.png
Views:	56
Size:	936.8 KB
ID:	185715  
Old 04-20-2023, 07:25 AM   #2
Site Team

Perhaps it’s something a previous owner installed? Have you tested the voltage? When is it powered?
Old 04-20-2023, 08:07 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

A bit of looking shows some of what you have but that just gets what a few of your parts are and not anything on what is NOT shown!

This from the front end wiring sheet 2 seems to best match what you have in the picture:

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_157298.pdf

Name:	07 36G.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	185716

It shows you have the trombeta style solenoid for connecting coach and chassis batteries, then the battery disconnect relay (likely out of sight in picture?) with the Trik-l at right.

What we get from this is that wiring connector seems to NOT be part of the coach 12 volt shown here. From that I'm guessing it is chassis 12volt or 110AC of some sort which just happens to run though this area.
That is saying not what is it but a bit of what it is not!

Two hefty gauge wires meeting two of the same color? That "might " mean it was added later as folks tend to not use two rolls of wire but I feel that would not be likely to use a nice connector??

Any chance of a wire ID stamped on any of the wires? That would be nice and you could use this chart to "decode" but I'm thinking that is also a miss!

Name:	wire ID.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	185717
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

But it "might" be something they did not show the connectors like the yellow marked parts or there are some other possible suspects listed at lower right going to parts which they don't give much info on????

What I see but not much help on the parts I DON'T see!

Pulling them a bit, do they seem to go up to the left and maybe to the back of a relay that you might ID?

Sorry, what I DON'T know is far more than I DO know!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 08:19 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Added thought as you mention on your other current post that you may have the 36SG!

There is a wire "pair" labeled RE. Label just above the TRik-L? Is that possibly the pair of blacks you have? Possibly radiator fan relay #1?
Old 04-20-2023, 09:54 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

If you can figure out the amp rating of the connector, that should give you a clue. The Anderson Power Connector website should be able to sort this out. Here's a link to their blue connectors:

https://www.andersonpower.com/us/en/...html?color=104

Additionally, the hot side (female?), of the connector is probably connected to something close by while the load side's wires probably lead to the device, which could be anywhere. If you can trace the hot side, it may give you a clue as to what it's feeding based on what's supplying the power.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 11:39 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

The Blue color usually represents 50A. No I have not tugged on them, and have not looked for markings on the wires. I should be able to get a VOM onto the back side of the connector to see what I get.

If and when I install the LiFePO4 batteries and dc to dc charger, I will remove the rest of that front black panel for more access. I will definitely figure it out then.
Just thought maybe someone else had them and new what they were for.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Did some searching, wondering if that connector is the feed from the front 12 vdc CB panel and the mid coach mounted CB panel. See attached screen shots, checking out wires J and K
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-20 151759.png
Views:	41
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	185721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-20 151532.png
Views:	34
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	185722  

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-20 151452.png
Views:	26
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	185723  
Old 04-22-2023, 04:20 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

I looked at the Anderson connector today, I am pretty sure this is for the two power wires indicated as J and K. This is fed off of two of the 55A Circuit breakers in the front breaker panel, and I assume it connects to the two bus bars in the coach CB panel under the fridge. When I unplugged it I could no longer had power to anything that is powered by the CB's under the Fridge.

If you look close the wires to the connector on the right come from behind the frond CB panel, and the wires run under the coach for the connector on the left.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-22 182130.png
Views:	37
Size:	348.4 KB
ID:	185753  
Old 04-23-2023, 07:11 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Just trying to put 2 and 2 together, I believe you have that correct! One is that it would fit for two black number 8 and then an interesting point that I have wondered about the symbol they used. It looks like looking into the end of the connector!!!

Name:	jk.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	185754

All drawings do have their own little "funnies" but I had never figured that one!

I would say you have found J and K and they are very important!
Old 04-23-2023, 07:25 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

But then that stilll leaves a question for me?
Are these 8 or 6 gauge? Seems to be some conflict on the drawings that I'm not following yet?

Name:	jk1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	185755

Do you have the two 55 amp to test the idea or do they want to tell us it is 6 on one side and 8 on the other side of the plugs? That second idea doesn't seem right but it's not all that clear to me.....
Old 04-23-2023, 08:40 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
But then that stilll leaves a question for me?
Are these 8 or 6 gauge? Seems to be some conflict on the drawings that I'm not following yet?

Attachment 185755

Do you have the two 55 amp to test the idea or do they want to tell us it is 6 on one side and 8 on the other side of the plugs? That second idea doesn't seem right but it's not all that clear to me.....

Not sure what the question is? If you mean pulling the breakers, they are not the type that I can pull without trying to short them, and I don't really want to do that
Old 04-23-2023, 10:07 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

No not asking you to pull the breakers but the two drawings seem to conflict as one shows the wiring going from the connections for J and K as being 8 gauge, while the other drawing seems to show the same connections for Jand K as being 6 gauges??

So the normal would not seem to be changing gauges of wire at a connection but is there anohter of these connections or is it a mistake in the drawings?

Is this the same blue connector you have in hand or is there another someplace not yet discovered? I had not related that strange (to me!) symbol as being the blue connector and that looks like good info but then when I looked at the top drawing and compare to the bottom, they kind of look like the same info but they show different wire gauges and that brings the question of whether I'm missing a point on reading the drawings or is it an error or some change made to one but not the other?

No big thing and no need to distract you from your project, just trying to figure what I'm missing in the story???

No need to sort that question if you have what you need to do the rewire, just that I'm missing something and wondered!
Old 04-23-2023, 11:02 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

I understand now, you are seeing two different gauges of wore on the drawings. I did see Wbgo's wiring id but as usual for an older coach they are pretty hard to read, at lease with my eyes, the wire gauge should also be present,

Tags
power