Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-24-2018, 11:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Satellite Connections

I have a 2019 Sunstar 27pe with the drop down door entertainment center above the door. The connection that comes from the receiver is for a coax cable. My 211z doesn't have this coax connection. Has anyone used a composite to coax adapter for this connection? Does it diminish the picture on the TV? Is there a better way to do it? Thanks
jeepster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 10:42 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

jeepster05 Drawings shows composite RCA video jacks on the back of the video switch. Connect the composite video from the 211Z to this input. Then you can select the satellite video to the TV's.
https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2018/000152865.pdf
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 11:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I saw that in the drawings but it looks like they are for a DVD. Not sure it would work for satellite. Thanks
Old 08-25-2018, 12:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

jeepster05, from the manual "Any device that has composite audio/video output (Red,White,Yellow) can be connected to the DVD input of the VCS-10". The switch has a build in composite to rf adapter. The picture quality will not be the best but will work.
If you add a DVD player you can add a composite video switch to switch between the DVD player and the Sat output.
I would look at putting the DVD player in the cabinet by the TV connecting with HDMI. Great picture but cannot view it from the other TV's.
Old 08-25-2018, 12:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
jeepster05, from the manual "Any device that has composite audio/video output (Red,White,Yellow) can be connected to the DVD input of the VCS-10". The switch has a build in composite to rf adapter. The picture quality will not be the best but will work.
If you add a DVD player you can add a composite video switch to switch between the DVD player and the Sat output.
I would look at putting the DVD player in the cabinet by the TV connecting with HDMI. Great picture but cannot view it from the other TV's.

Good information. I’m new at this entertainment center and trying to find all the options for satellite.
The “manual” is in the main operations book that came with the coach? I’ll have to read it more slowly. Thanks for the input.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

jeepster05, I looked at the manual online.
Magnadyne VCS-10 Video Switching Center 5 input, 3 Output
Looks like Winnebago is going backwards with there video setup in some of the coaches.
HD TV but no way to connect HD video from Sat receiver or DVD player.
Old 08-25-2018, 02:10 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

My previous MH I just placed the satellite receiver near the TV and ran an HDMI cable.

Also, if only one satellite receiver they make a wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver. I run one at the S&B and it works very well. That is assuming you want to watch the same chanhel on two different TV's
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 03:01 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
My previous MH I just placed the satellite receiver near the TV and ran an HDMI cable.

Also, if only one satellite receiver they make a wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver. I run one at the S&B and it works very well. That is assuming you want to watch the same chanhel on two different TV's
My tv and satellite hook ups are on opposite sides of the coach so I can't put it by the tv because I need the coax wire in the control station for the satellite input to the receiver. I would like the option to watch different channels on 2 tv's even if I need to purchase a different receiver but will probably just get the one connection going for now until I learn more about all the options.
Looks like I can use composite out of receiver to composite into DVD, ( I assume I would have to push the DVD button on the station) composite from receiver to rf modulator to coax connection on control station. I'll have to look into the wireless HDMI to see how it works. Sure would have been easier if Winnebago had ran a HDMI cable. Anyway I really appreciate the input, i'm learning how this works a little at a time from knowing nothing about how the setup is. Thanks again
Old 08-25-2018, 08:34 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

This is what I use at the Sticks and Bricks: HDMI Wireless

Plug Satellite into Transmitter and TV into Receiver. Transmits and receives HDMI. Quality at S&B is great. Network not required.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
Looking for help again. I was going to try this while I decide. I plugged the composite cables into the input ports of switch unit and to the composite ports of the receiver. I can’t get the tv inputs to recognize the unit. I tried pushing all the buttons in the switch unit. Any idea what I am doing wrong ? Thanks
Old 08-26-2018, 02:16 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

jeepster05, a couple of things, first the switch must be plug into 12VDC, look at the back a confrim the 12VDC connector is plugged in.
On the switch press the DVD button in and the signal should be on channel 3 or 4 on the tv slected.

"To view the converted (RF) DVD input signal, a TV must be set on
channel 3 or 4 depending on the setting of the VCS-10 selector switch.
Out of the box the VCS-10 is set to channel 3."
Old 08-26-2018, 03:44 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

The 12vDC is plugged in but I think your second statement is the problem. When I try to put my tv on channel 3, it doesn't get a signal and automatically goes to the closest station where it finds a signal. Now I am on to different issues. I'll let you know what I find next. Thasnks
Old 08-28-2018, 10:40 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

I worked with support tech at magnadyne today for about 30 minutes. Ran a composite cable from the DVV inlet in the switcher to composite on the cable box. Still didn’t work and he finally had me turn the tv on channel 4 and wow it worked. The switcher box is still set for channel 3 but he told me to leave it there since it worked. I think this may be a temp fix until I learn more about the system. Thanks for the input.

Tags
satellite