Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2018, 03:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

No 12volt power

Hello hello new Winnebago owner here. Sorry if this has already been discussed but I have scrolled through many threads so far. I just purchased a 2017 micr minnie 1700 BH travel trailer. Took it camping this weekend everything went great while plugged into 120 Outlet. I have no juice when unplugged from 120. 12-volt disconnect is on battery has 12 volts, runs electric jack fine. I don't have any lights or anything inside the camper works. Am I missing a fuse or relay somewhere between battery and breaker box. All fuses in breaker box are fine. There is a junction box in the front left area I checked and nothing unusual there. I have to be missing something somewhere unless the inverter is no longer working properly. Of course camping stores maintenance are closed on sunday. Any help would be appreciated. Campers parked at the storage facility so tomorrow I will be going through all wiring situations and with a voltmeter.
Cbender316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:21 PM   #2
aa1ssradio

First of all an Inverter takes 12 volts and converts it to 120 to use your plugs. Your problem with not having any 12 volt circuits is either a bad ground off the battery or there is a main fuse somewhere off the battery that is bad. Need to just start checking voltage from the battery back. I would turn the battery disconnect on and off a few times also.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I'm sure you have a converter and not an inverter. You can check the voltage coming out of the converter, check the voltage on the batteries, and be sure there is not another switch somewhere that shuts off voltage to the house.
jeepster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

There's a House Battery Disconnect Switch somewhere near your entry door. It's easy to accidentally turn off. It should be turned off when in storage to avoid running your battery down due to your LPG alarm, always on LEDs, etc.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power