Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-12-2023, 06:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Radio replacement by Camping World

hi Just had Camping world replace the radio in my 2015 Itasca suncruiser but the SiriusXM icon doesn't light up. how do i remove the dash to see if the tuner is connected? thanks
mrk136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 07:41 AM   #2
Site Team

It really seems the best answer to this and your other thread on your Camping World water heater install would best be answered by contacting or going to Camping World.

Is that not an option for some reason?
Old 06-12-2023, 02:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

camping world is an hour and a half away, i wanted to see if the XM antenae was connected before i "pull up stakes" and stow everything and bring it there. thanks
Old 06-12-2023, 02:38 PM   #4
Site Team

I sure understand that. A 3-hr round trip is pretty daunting, but if it fixes both your satellite radio and water heater problem then it might be worth it. Since they did both jobs.

For us here - we have no idea what Camping World installed or not - and as for removing the dash not many have experience with doing this on a 2015 Suncruiser.

I have a 2017 Adventurer and the Adventurer is the same as the Suncruiser. But the OEM radio on my 2017 doesn't have the radio in the dash. It's an Xite radio/gps/infotainment system and ONLY the monitor is installed in the dashboard - all of the electronics are in a front overhead cabinet above the passenger seat. So, on my RV that's where the Satellite radio connects to the "radio's" Core Unit, not behind the dash.

That said, it's possible that you have that same setup... but again, who, besides Camping World, knows what Camping World installed and or changed. Do you know what radio has been installed - or do you have maybe a photo of it or even an owner's manual?
Old 06-12-2023, 02:48 PM   #5
Site Team

I looked at your Operator's Manual online and see two different systems available. One has a Pioneer logo on it and the other doesn't have any logo showing

Here's the link to your Operator's Manual (The radio section is: section 3, page 9) - it's not much help it just says if you have Satellite Radio to see your manual to see how to operate it.

file:///Users/pgreen/Desktop/15Suncruiser.pdf
Old 06-12-2023, 05:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

thanks its an Xite XSG4NA-X4S 6.5” INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM, a direct replacement for the original (according to Winnebago). the old unit has 4 cables coming out the back. 1 cable is marked for sirius xm. there are also 2 spots for "radio" and "gps" and 2 bus type female connectors. So i wanted to see if the sirius cable is cable. i guess I'm going to CW.
thank you all.
Old 06-12-2023, 06:56 PM   #7
Site Team

If you have that Xite system then the Core Unit is probably in the cabinet above the dash dash on the right side in front of the passenger chair.

You can pull the Core Unit out. You should be able to see if the XM receiver is attached. It's a small separate device. Dozens of wires, but it's not too delicate. Just pull slowly and carefully.

Here's what it looks like on the front. It's held in by those 4-screws.
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2023, 08:07 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I often avoid audio questions as they are not a thing I can test and work on with the equipment on hand, so avoid it!
But this might be a time to look at the parts drawings to locate what parts on on the specific RV you have?
Step one will be to know specidific year, model and even down to the serial number of the RV, as there are two different build dates and the sat rcvr seems to vary with the different build dates.
If your serial number has a 7th digit of 1, it is early with a 2 being later build so maybe check that before beginning the as the rcvr location does change.

Start here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Sort to correct RV and build
Go to audio and then front end wiring!

Once down to the correct RV, there will be a list at right to ID the parts and numbers. On that list you can click an item repeated to make it flash in yellow on the drawings.

Bottom left corner is a symbol like a + to click before zooming and that lets you set a point to stay centered in the view. Scroll to zoom, drag to move the drawing around.
Bottom right to choose which overall view to start, front,back, top, etc.

It takes some play to sort the controls but nice as it does show the items in very much correct shape, size, etc, even down to mounting holes in many cases.
Handy if you need to take a dash apart?

View with two different locations shown, depending on build date?
Click image for larger version

Name:	rcvr.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	186325
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 05:02 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

thanks all! we went back to camping world. they could do nothing about the radio since the tuner is installed. I CW told me how to remove the dash to get to the radio. a little complicated Xite said that the existing tuner may be an older one that would not work. it is a SXV200b, I ordered a new one SXV300 as suggested by Xite. it should arrive in 2 days. thanks again

Tags
camping, replacement, replace, radio, ace