Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-10-2024, 03:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

power steps wiring diagram for 2015 Vista 31KE

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the electric steps on a 2015 winnebago 31ke? Is there a control module for this?

Engine running and emergency brake on they work. Engine off emergency brake off inoperative.

Something is not making a connection.

Thanks
Paulie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 04:23 PM   #2
Just Trying to Help

Paulie G-

Model year 2015 wiring diagrams are here.

Winnebago did us no favors when after 2009 it chose not to publish diagram sets that it had published up to that time, such as the "Body, 12V Wiring Diagram" and the "Automotive Wiring Diagram." That said, some of the diagrams from 2009 may apply to newer model years. Here's a link to the pertinent diagram from a 2009 Vista.

When I had problems with the steps, I found the step manufacturer had a decent set of troubleshooting procedures, along with diagrams. What make and model are your coach's steps?

I ended up replacing the controller, which on my (non-Winnie) coach was under the bottom step. Along the way I cleaned up the two grounds that the step circuits use. Both the controller and the grounds can cause intermittent problems.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 05:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Yes, I agree with above in that you will have to look at this as a step problem and not an RV problem!
That may seem to be avoiding the issue but the RV industry has a different setup on the parts than what is found on auto.
They buy different parts/sections from various other builders and those items are considered the problem for the builder of that specific part.
So look for the model and brand of step, then chase info for that.

One place to look might be in the big info folder you may have gotten with the RV?

I normally think of the controls as being on the step unit itself, not remote on the RV.
I might also warn that they are much more complex than I had first thought as it is not a simple process of running to the end and a switch telling it to stop, etc. !

Depending on brand/model, there are some really good troubleshooting manuals online, but step one is finding the info to get the right manual!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 02:46 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

You'll likely find the information you're looking for at Lippert Component Industries web site. www.lci1.com

It's a great site with lots of trouble shooting information. You'll need to go underneath and get the model number of your steps so you can get the correct information. The picture is a mockup of all of the steps components for demo purposes.

Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230822_150050.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	188213  

Tags
power, wiring, steps