Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2005, 05:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Where can I find a diagram that shows the routing of the wiring to the speakers,(front and rear) in my Journey 36dl?
Omurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 05:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Where can I find a diagram that shows the routing of the wiring to the speakers,(front and rear) in my Journey 36dl?
Old 11-30-2005, 01:32 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I got some wiring diagrams from the Winnie website. I used to own a 36DL, and I had stereo problems. Why do you need the diagrams? I might be able to help.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:10 AM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 927palmetto:
I got some wiring diagrams from the Winnie website. I used to own a 36DL, and I had stereo problems. Why do you need the diagrams? I might be able to help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>G'Morning there "niner two seven", are ya'll from SC?
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:39 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Nope, Central Florida, but thanks for asking.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:18 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Omurray:
Where can I find a diagram that shows the routing of the wiring to the speakers,(front and rear) in my Journey 36dl? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best place to get the diagrams is right from the source.

Winnebago Drawings

Follow the link above, then on the following screens select wiring diagrams, your model year, your specific model, and finnally the drawing you want to view.

The online system that Winnebago offers is a wonderful resource.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

927, to answer your question, the sound system is not up to my liking. I would like to upgrade the system without running new wires to the speaker locations.

Any help or suggestions you care to offer will be greatly appreciated.

My plans are to put in a house type system.

The Winne site offers some help, but I cannot find where the wires to the speakers begin.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:28 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Omurray,

All the speaker wires originate from the amplifier which is located under the sloped drivers footrest. If you remove the screws holding the footrest to the floor, you'll find the DHS ampflier with the speaker wires. The inputs to the amplifier are all RCA phono jacks, and all the speaker wiring is terminated in Molex connectors.

If I recall correctly, from the last time I had my amp out, the amplifier is labeled so you'll know which output feeds which speaker. As another alternative, once the speakers are disconnected from the amplifier, a quick touch of a AA battery to the speaker wires will cause the speaker to output a "tick" which you can hear and label the speakers.

The amplifier manufacturer uses a color code system on the speaker wiring, but I can't remember if Winnebago connects to the color coded wires, or replaces them.

In any case,Here is the manufactures data on the amp and speakers where you can find the color code for the wiring. On page 7 of the document, you'll find the speaker connector pinout which also should help identify each speaker.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:14 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Joe-K, thanks, this appears to be what I am looking for. After thinking about the problems this weekend, it may very well be the fuse to the amp. I know at one time the system worked very well and now not so good.

Thanks, omurray