Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-20-2023, 05:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Power Problem Inside - 2020 Micro Minnie 2108FBS

I own a 2020 Micro-Minnie 2108FBS. The power inside the trailer has stopped working (lights, radio/clock, etc.), however the power-jack and slide-out continue to work. Everything inside the trailer works when plugged in, but when unplugged will not work. I have checked the fuses in the power center (fuse box) and everything looks good.
Any idea where the problem might be? Thank you very much!
OutdorAdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 06:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Not sure of the exact trailer being the same but we get several reports/posts of this.
Several trailers have the wiring from the coach batteries go to a metal electrical box mounted down under the trailer frame, near the front.
About a 4X4 box if you know that type?
Inside that box, mounted at the bottom of the box, there is a small resetable breaker!
Many say it is not there when they first look as it is SMALL and behind lots of wires.
If you crawl under and look up, possible to spot it-if you have the same?
Remove cover and look for what may look like a microswitch at first as it is mounted so you seee the side. Then on one edge, there is a VERY small button to reset it!

There should be several posts about these on this forum but my searches are rarely worth the time, so looking may be quicker.

But be warned that this is guessing that your trailer and other Winnebago have the same setup???

Other folks may be along who own trailers and may pay far more attention may be along shortly?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 06:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you Morich. Unfortunately (in this case) the underside of my trailer is covered so I will need to remove all of that before I can look. I will take a look and let you know what I find. Thanks again!
OutdorAdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 07:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Maybe farther forward? Is there an area between the trailer body and the hitch point which is open?
This is kind of vague from memory stuff that makes me slow to recommend looking for the box if it requires taking the belly covering off!

Let me do a better search for the postings I'm thinking about as they had a good set of drawings that had been made up as well as pictures.
Dark at your place? So maybe not time to work it tonight and maybe I can get better info by morning?

HELP! Any of you other guys think this is the same as other posts? Maybe you know where those posts could be found?
Trailer guys needed!
Old 08-20-2023, 07:34 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

HAH! Sometimes I stumble into what I needed!
See if this fits what you have on your trailer?
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ie-355101.html
Old 08-20-2023, 08:31 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Here's a picture of where my junction box is located. It is mounted on the roadside front corner where the A-frame comes through the main frame of the camper. On my Micro Minnie only the back two-thirds of camper, where the fresh and wastewater tanks are located, has an enclosed underbelly. I believe this is true for most if not all Micro Minnies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200616_165043.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	187041  
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 09:14 PM   #7
Site Team

Everyone else with a problem with this junction box breaker have all explicitly stated that neither the slide nor powered jack works. The OP said in his first post that both of those work while the rest of the 12v does not. I don’t believe we seen one report of that being the problem when the slide and Jack still work.

So this is a mystery.
Old 08-21-2023, 07:46 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

The exact wire or breaker may not be at all the same but looking at the picture above, if they have this same layout, it looks like the place to go!
Since we don't get any wiring info on trailers, this seems to be as good as we get when we look at thw wireing drawings the other folks have drawn up.

Most likely the same as when the new boss asks how long it will take to fix it?
Just a few minutes! But the secret is that it may take days to find it and fixing it is the easy part!

Maybe finding where that tub full of connections is found will be the start of the fix?
Old 08-27-2023, 06:23 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

My Minnie has that 4x4 junction box inside the frame rail, just behind the propane tanks. Just past that are a pair of breakers, one of which protects everything wired to the battery switch. The other one protects the 12V circuit to the tow vehicle.

The tongue jack had a fuse of its own, until recently when I made some changes (a new jack is now on a new auto-reset breaker instead of the slow-blow fuse it came with). It was wired, inside that 4x4 junction box, such that it always has power from the battery (unless it has blown its fuse).

If you have a battery switch, check its position. If that is not the problem, then yeah, go looking for a circuit breaker near the junction box, on the frame near the trailer tongue. Resetting it would be a matter of pushing in a small button, probably rectangular. It may be hidden by a rubber boot that covers the terminals.
carpedatum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power