Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2021, 07:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Minnie AMP draw

I had started another thread, but it was confusing as I stumbled through trying to figure out what was wrong.

My 2021 Minnie 2301BHS is supposed to be able to run two AC's on 30 amp service, see below promotional video from Winnebago. It is pretty clear.

https://youtu.be/OZFiOH4MkZc

Around 1:30 he starts talking about the dual AC running on 30 amps.

My problem is, my AC's are drawing more than 30 amps when they are on with nothing else on. I have a watchdog, and can watch the amp draw on my phone as I turn things on/off. I just had a brand new, dedicated 30 amp receptacle installed in my driveway. So I know the source is not the issue.

I have been in contact with Winnebago and they insist I should be able to run everything on 30 amps.

They said my AC max amp draws would be:

13,500 = 12.6 amps
15,000 = 12.9 amps

But watchdog is showing 14.5 each.

With nothing on = .5 amp draw
One AC steady cooling = 15 amp draw
Both AC steady cooling = 29.5 amp draw

They both run for a few minutes, then eventually they raise to 30.5 amps and the watchdog shuts everything down. This is with nothing else on.

They want me to bring trailer back to dealer, but I find it super unlikely that both brand new AC's are drawing more amps than they should?

Any ideas? Thanks
Steve77 is offline   Reply With Quote