Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-16-2021, 06:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Minnie 2250DS Ceiling: Wire Run for Solar

Hello,

I'm going to add some roof-top solar to our 2019 Minnie 2250DS and am hoping for some input about how to run the wire through the ceiling (the space below the roof and above the interior ceiling panels). I know how to mount the panel and how to get the wire through the roof into the ceiling cavity. What I don't know is how to get the wire run through the ceiling cavity.

Our solar charge controller is mounted at the front of the trailer in the pass-thru on the driver side. If I can get the wire into the overhead storage cabinets above the bed at the front of the trailer, I can run the wire down out of sight inside the closet.

The challenge comes from not having any good access to the ceiling cavity. I've taken off the interior cover pieces for both the air conditioner and the forward hatch and both are box-framed with wood.

The (fiberglass? plastic?) front cap extends aft over the forward storage cabinets and I don't want to drill through the front cap so that precludes just running the wire across the roof to a point where I could just drop the wire straight into the cabinets.

Does anyone have experience running wire through the ceiling cavity? Especially through the wood frame between the interior ceiling cavity and the front cabinets?

TIA

Jim

Tags
ceiling, solar