Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2018, 07:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Minnie 2250DS

I’m a new member to the Winnebago Owners forums. We just purchased a 2018 Minnie 2250DS and would appreciate any owners of this models insight on the pros and cons. We traded in a 2017 Travel Trailer with several major issues (shower plumbed to Black tank). I won’t mention the manufacturer due to possible civil litigation against us. I enjoy reading the forums and the knowledge gained from DIY. We have not had our Minnie out camping yet but the quality is superior to what we traded in. Thanks In advance for your replies and don’t allow anyone to steal your joy. ��
Minnie2250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:10 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

We have a 2016 2201DS, which is the same size but a slightly different floor plan. We never had a single warranty issue with ours. I like to tinker and upgrade stuff so I have done a lot of preventive maintenance things. I have been in most crevaces and compartments of our Minnie and I have been pleasantly pleased with the quality and attention to detail of the build. I think you'll be happy with your purchase.

The only thing to break in the 2 1/2 years of ownership is the refrigerator light switch. I ordered a new one off Amazon for $12 and fixed it myself. I did fold up a stabilizer jack backing into a campsite once, but that's a story my wife likes to tell.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Bob View Post
We have a 2016 2201DS, which is the same size but a slightly different floor plan. We never had a single warranty issue with ours. I like to tinker and upgrade stuff so I have done a lot of preventive maintenance things. I have been in most crevaces and compartments of our Minnie and I have been pleasantly pleased with the quality and attention to detail of the build. I think you'll be happy with your purchase.

The only thing to break in the 2 1/2 years of ownership is the refrigerator light switch. I ordered a new one off Amazon for $12 and fixed it myself. I did fold up a stabilizer jack backing into a campsite once, but that's a story my wife likes to tell.
Bob

Thanks for your reply. I read your threads all the time and you have a lot of knowledge in many areas. When we picked up our Minnie and brought it home I discovered about 4 gallons of water in the unbelly near the front of the camper. My dealer is just 10 minutes from my house and they have a great service manager named Thomas and makes it happen. The tech discovered a crack on the fresh water fill hose near the clamp and they replaced the hose and tested the system. They repaired the underbelly as well. They also replaced all the wet insulation. The quality of the trailer build wise is definitely better than other manufactures. My TV is a 2016 F150 3.5 liter ecoboost 3.55 Rear end with max tow package and pulls the trailer likes it’s not back there. Getting 10 mpg towing which is normal. Have a great Day and I look forward in talking to you in the future
Steve
Old 02-08-2018, 08:16 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Bob
Have you seen the Minnie 2606RL floor plan new to line. They continue to come out with Great floor plans
Old 02-13-2018, 08:43 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I'm really impressed with the Minnie Plus line. Very tempting but I'm afraid I'd have to upgrade to an F-250 to comfortably pull one though. I'm still pretty happy with the 2201DS we have. We've made a number of upgrades and have it like we want it. It pulls well behind my F-150 and I can get into the smaller/older state and federal campsites without a problem. I figure if I can drag it up to Black Rock Mountain State Park, I should be good to go anywhere.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie2250 View Post
Bob

Thanks for your reply. I read your threads all the time and you have a lot of knowledge in many areas. When we picked up our Minnie and brought it home I discovered about 4 gallons of water in the unbelly near the front of the camper. My dealer is just 10 minutes from my house and they have a great service manager named Thomas and makes it happen. The tech discovered a crack on the fresh water fill hose near the clamp and they replaced the hose and tested the system. They repaired the underbelly as well. They also replaced all the wet insulation. The quality of the trailer build wise is definitely better than other manufactures. My TV is a 2016 F150 3.5 liter ecoboost 3.55 Rear end with max tow package and pulls the trailer likes it’s not back there. Getting 10 mpg towing which is normal. Have a great Day and I look forward in talking to you in the future
Steve
I noticed a leak as well from the underbelly of our 2106FBS when I was sanitizing the water system before our trip last week. I have an appointment to have it looked at next week. The way it was leaking I suspect it is a sensor that is not tight as it slowed down once I drained the tank below 1/3 full. In any event it looks pretty straight forward to get access to the tank so hope the repair should go quickly. I'll keep in mind about asking them to replace the insulation as well. Other than that the shakedown trip didn't show up anything other than a loose screw or two from when the dealer winterized/de-winterized the trailer. So far compared to our last trailer the Winnie has a much better build and finishing work.
old_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:02 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_engineer View Post
I noticed a leak as well from the underbelly of our 2106FBS when I was sanitizing the water system before our trip last week. I have an appointment to have it looked at next week. The way it was leaking I suspect it is a sensor that is not tight as it slowed down once I drained the tank below 1/3 full. In any event it looks pretty straight forward to get access to the tank so hope the repair should go quickly. I'll keep in mind about asking them to replace the insulation as well. Other than that the shakedown trip didn't show up anything other than a loose screw or two from when the dealer winterized/de-winterized the trailer. So far compared to our last trailer the Winnie has a much better build and finishing work.
Old Engineer

Thanks for the reply. The build quality is outstanding compared to the 2017 Forest River Vibe that we had. We had lots of problems to many to list with the
Vibe. You definitely want insulation replaced due to mold issues. Happy camping and I look forward to hear everyone’s adventures.