Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-18-2021, 08:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Help: Shwintec Bed not operating

Pulled into the CG, set up, and the Shwintec controlled bed will not operate... There is power to the controller gut the controller will rapidly blink red then green or red/green.

Any information would be helpful.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Pulled into the CG, set up, and the Shwintec controlled bed will not operate... There is power to the controller gut the controller will rapidly blink red then green or red/green.

Any information would be helpful.
The blinking lights tell the tale. Get the manual out, and read the troubleshooting section.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:25 PM   #3
Site Team

I’m familiar with the Power Gear version, but in general there is a switch under the bed that senses that the slide is fully extended. There are a lot of posts and work arounds on www.irv2.com. But we’ve found that a first step is to bump the bed platform up towards the head of the bed from the foot. Sometimes this push’s the limit switch enough that the bed will operate.

The other fixes and work around consist of removing the mattress so you can lift the bed base and reach up to the top left corner to adjust the contact switch or remove the two yellow wires at the switch and connect them to bypass the switch.

The bumping with your knees has always worked for me.
Old 03-20-2021, 01:32 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

You didn't mention the model and year of your unit. I had a bed/slide out issue that took 3 calls to Winnabago tech support and 7 hours of troubleshooting to diagnose. It was on my 2012 Itaska Suncruiser 37F. I won't go into detail unless you have a simular unit because it was a connector corrosion issue related to unit design and not the bed.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:16 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Mtn Charlie, look at my signature line.

Jumped the micro switch under the bed in the center and was able to operate the bed. Safety has been overridden. I put a not in the control panel to remind us to raise the bed before pulling in the big slide. Talked with Lippert and they said it was the controller. Order and received another one from Amazon. I waited until we got home to install it but it still doesn't work without the jumper. One thing I need to do is calibrate the stops. Need to figure out if calibration can be done with the jumper in. It's not going to hurt to try it. Just need another "round-tuit." Has to be the correct one.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote