Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-02-2023, 02:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Front fan only runs on high speed 2010 Suncuiser 37F

I have a 2010 Itasca Suncuiser 37F on a spartan chassis. The front fan only operated on high. The low and med do nothing. I replaced the switch and it did not fix my problem. What would be the next thing to check that I can do? If it’s the fan motor how hard is that to get access to and replace? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Scouts honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 02:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

This sound slike what may be acommon problem but I don't know your exact RV, so proceed with that being suspect?

there is often a "resister pack" built into the power supply on or near the fan. When one or more of these resisters go out, the fan speeds stop working.
A search for heater resister may turn up lots of repair vids?

Simple to change but sometimes hard to get to them! Upside down and backwards under the dash is not my favorite spot!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 04:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I agree with Richard, it is the resistor pack. When on high, the resistor pack is bypassed. It's usually located inside the blower housing.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
I agree with Richard, it is the resistor pack. When on high, the resistor pack is bypassed. It's usually located inside the blower housing.
Check my memory on this? Is it true that the pack is always in the airflow for cooling it? Does that mean it "might" be reached from out under the hood?

I've not looked at one in a long time.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:10 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Check my memory on this? Is it true that the pack is always in the airflow for cooling it? Does that mean it "might" be reached from out under the hood?

I've not looked at one in a long time.
I don't know about all vehicles but I remember on one of of mine it was mounted in the blower housing under the hood and very easy to access, it was mounted on a plate that unscrewed from the housing.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:48 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Yes, after thinking a bit, that was one that I had.

Simple with two screws holding the works hanging down into the airflow and just a couple wires. Easy to miss spotting if one was not knowing what it looked like.

On a Ford chassis, it might look like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Heater-Blower...a-569795900871

But it WAS a long time back as I had three kids going through cars and trying to keep them running and now those kids are beginning to retire!

Tags
fan