Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-08-2023, 01:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Front Cab Fans and Backup Camera quit.

2014 Vista 30T. Overhead cabinet fans and backup camera monitor quit.

Do not believe these two should be on the same circuit, so guessing it is just a coincidence. Maybe someone had this happen and could help me.

1) left fan in cab was not fully functional....then quit all together

2) right fan in cab quit all at once and at the same time lost my backup camera monitor power.

3) checked the pop out fuses...all still OK?

The only thing I am guessing at (which is scary)...is we had a couple rain storms that caused a leak in the radio antenna and down into the cabinet above the cab. Resealed around the antenna and it has not leaked since (rain just seemed to keep coming). All dry inside the cabinets now.

Any ideas???

If not, I will start removing the dash cover to look behind the camera monitor and then the interior panels in the overhead cabinets.
xjaywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 02:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

There does seem to be a common power source for both these, fans and camera, but it is not the normal RV fuses/breakers under the dash as it seem to be only things which are on when the ignition is on?
Does that meet what you know about the fans and camera? Are they only on when ignition key is turned on?

I think there may also be some other items out which may not have been missed but might help to know if they are working?
HWH leveling jacks?
Power mirrors to move/adjust them?
The dash switch to change power to radio from coach to chassis battery? Does radio work on both battery groups?

Click to get a better view of this snip!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ld.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	187209

What I "think" I see is that wire LD is involved with all these items and it gets power from the Ford wiring!
This snip gives the Winnebago wire size, color and Id stamped on it and then it meetys a plug and the Ford wire color, etc at that plug.
I DO NOT see location of this plug, nor which pin!

I think this likely means the power to LD is not getting to this plug and likely comes from a Ford fuse under the hood??
But that last part is something of a mystery as we don't get the Ford wiring!

Is there a chance you have a Ford manual in the big bag of booklets for the RV? There may be a section to ID fuses in the Ford chassis manual!!
There are often also labels inside the cover of the fuse box out under the hood!

This is no way a certain idea as it could also be the ground side but this might be worth a look.
Warning? On my 2015 vista, this box under the hood was upfront and near the top where the oil fill was, so easy to spot but I nearly died finding how to unlatch it on the right side to open it!

Hope for better luck and it snaps right open to look?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 06:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
There does seem to be a common power source for both these, fans and camera, but it is not the normal RV fuses/breakers under the dash as it seem to be only things which are on when the ignition is on?
Does that meet what you know about the fans and camera? Are they only on when ignition key is turned on?

I think there may also be some other items out which may not have been missed but might help to know if they are working?
HWH leveling jacks?
Power mirrors to move/adjust them?
The dash switch to change power to radio from coach to chassis battery? Does radio work on both battery groups?

Click to get a better view of this snip!
Attachment 187209

What I "think" I see is that wire LD is involved with all these items and it gets power from the Ford wiring!
This snip gives the Winnebago wire size, color and Id stamped on it and then it meetys a plug and the Ford wire color, etc at that plug.
I DO NOT see location of this plug, nor which pin!

I think this likely means the power to LD is not getting to this plug and likely comes from a Ford fuse under the hood??
But that last part is something of a mystery as we don't get the Ford wiring!

Is there a chance you have a Ford manual in the big bag of booklets for the RV? There may be a section to ID fuses in the Ford chassis manual!!
There are often also labels inside the cover of the fuse box out under the hood!

This is no way a certain idea as it could also be the ground side but this might be worth a look.
Warning? On my 2015 vista, this box under the hood was upfront and near the top where the oil fill was, so easy to spot but I nearly died finding how to unlatch it on the right side to open it!

Hope for better luck and it snaps right open to look?

Hi Richard
Thanks for the help. Yes. to the first question.I have not tested the power mirrors (will try tomorrow) the power switch for the radio on the dash works.
No manual for the Ford wiring. I looked up on Ford's website and they only had the basic wiring (maybe I didn't look in the correct spot) Winnebago only has the coach wiring.
I found the fuse box. You are correct, a real PITA, I could not get it to open and was confused as to HOW it opened. Do you pull to the left from the right side? Any tabs or ?

Name:   IMG_0366.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  42.2 KB

Again thank you for your help. Not sure this is going to be an easy fix.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Yes, terrible design when we can't figure how to open it! We used to make jokes about the guys who can't get the cover off! DUH!

But I also am not a lot of help because I've forgotten the trick as it was only one time about five years ago!
But I remember seeing a label and the arrows pointing that made me think to slide to the right but mine was further left and had stuff way too close to the right to slide!
I think I remember that line of arrows is to point you to the right end where there is some form of latch to release the cover. It may just be a set of "tabs" which you grab with fingers and pull to right away from the main body to bow them off bumps they snap over??
I think it might be more like a snap on type cover on that side and it pull out at right to swing on the left end?

I had too much junk on the right to ever see it but yours looks even harder to get a look at the right end.
Sorry for the foggy memory! If we can get it out of the Ford wiring/fuses, there is a lot more info on the Winnebago stuff, so yell if you find it looks good on the fuse there and we can look further on the other parts of the Winnebago!

EDIT!!!
I found it on a search----I think!
https://www.google.com/search?q=Open...kPIPzpaOgAs_38
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 07:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Yes, terrible design when we can't figure how to open it! We used to make jokes about the guys who can't get the cover off! DUH!

But I also am not a lot of help because I've forgotten the trick as it was only one time about five years ago!
But I remember seeing a label and the arrows pointing that made me think to slide to the right but mine was further left and had stuff way too close to the right to slide!
I think I remember that line of arrows is to point you to the right end where there is some form of latch to release the cover. It may just be a set of "tabs" which you grab with fingers and pull to right away from the main body to bow them off bumps they snap over??
I think it might be more like a snap on type cover on that side and it pull out at right to swing on the left end?

I had too much junk on the right to ever see it but yours looks even harder to get a look at the right end.
Sorry for the foggy memory! If we can get it out of the Ford wiring/fuses, there is a lot more info on the Winnebago stuff, so yell if you find it looks good on the fuse there and we can look further on the other parts of the Winnebago!

EDIT!!!
I found it on a search----I think!
https://www.google.com/search?q=Open...kPIPzpaOgAs_38
Oh Wow...good ol Google and Youtube... Thank you, I will check these tomorrow.

Tags
camera, fan