Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-03-2022, 07:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Converter Location 36G

i will be replacing my Converter in preparation for Lithium Batteries in the future. From my build documents it appears that the Converter is mounted to the floor under the lower Pull out Pantry shelf to the right of the fridge. Can anyone with a 36G floor plan confirm that this is the location of the Converter before I pull the pantry shelf out. The shelf is a bit heavy, and don't want to remove it if this isn't the spot.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:09 PM   #2
Site Team

I don’t have your RV, but most of the time the converter is built into the main circuit breaker / fuse panel. Many times it is below the fridge. The charger is often behind the converter.
Old 04-04-2022, 07:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

If you have the 2000W Dimensions inverter commonly used in those years, your 12 volt batteries are charged by that inverter. There are settings on that inverter and/or its control panel to adjust for various charge rates and battery bank sizes being utilized. I do not know if it will support a charge rate for lithium batteries or not. The user guide will walk you through the settings.
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 10:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I have a 600 Watt Inverter that is installed adjacent to the Auto Transfer Switch, and the drawings for my coach indicate a Converter that looks like it is under the slide out pantry. to he right of the Refrigerator. I cannot get the release to work on that slide out pantry, so before I start a surgical procedure, I was hoping to confirm it's location. If it is under the refrigerator which would put it behind the Subwoofer and the 12 V breakers I am not sure how to get that panel to come loose. I can pull the subwoofer and look through the hole I guess, though my knees will hate me for it.
Old 04-04-2022, 11:15 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

If your coach only has the converter as you noted above, to get to it I think that you will need to unscrew the cover on the speaker (black speaker grill on my 2006 36G) then my recollection is that you then unscrew the speaker itself and pull it forward out of the way, which should then give you at least visual access to the converter area. I looked into that area under the refrigerator about 8 years ago to determine if we could lower my floor under the refrigerator about 3 inches when I had a residential refrigerator installed on my 2006 Journey 36G. Since I had the 2000W inverter, there was no converter present on my coach and we were able to lower the floor. You may also be able to remove the entire panel by examining the 12 volt fuse panel located under the refrigerator as well and see if there are screws in that area that can be removed to gain access behind the panel itself. Good luck. I can't remember if that panel was held in place with just velcro or not. I traded that coach in a few months ago to Mt Comfort RV so I can not check it out.
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 04:48 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the information, that give me a direction at least.
Old 04-07-2022, 01:05 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I pulled the sub-woofer and there it is. Really centered behind the Propane sniffer and between the hole for the sub-woofer and the 12 V breaker panel. It is definitely below the refrigerator platform. Looks like the hole for the sub-woofer is big enough to remove, just not sure if it will be big enough for a replacement Converter.

OK, the the converter I have is the Parralax 7455T. The T means that this converter charges up to a 14.1V float for 13 hours, after that it drops to 13.5 flat charge. Removing power from the converter resets the timer and shifts the flat charge back to 14.1 V. No idea if that makes it any better for charging a Lithium battery or not.
Old 04-07-2022, 03:51 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
OK, the the converter I have is the Parralax 7455T. The T means that this converter charges up to a 14.1V float for 13 hours, after that it drops to 13.5 flat charge. Removing power from the converter resets the timer and shifts the flat charge back to 14.1 V. No idea if that makes it any better for charging a Lithium battery or not.
You might try Randy and [email protected]. He seems to specialize in converters. I don't have any experience with him, just seen him recommended from time to time.

Tags
cat, converter