Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-26-2023, 12:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Coach Battery Disconnect Switch 2015 Sunova 33D

I have a 2015 Winnebago Itasca Sunova and two weeks ago had a local battery business replace my two coach batteries. Returned from a short road trip Wednesday and noticed that my vehicle dash radio/CD player does not turn off anymore after ignition is turned off. Nor do my signal cameras work anymore. Battery disconnect switch no longer disconnects power to the coach. Always on. Should I disconnect cables to the battery and see what happens? or What?
gronfranks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 01:12 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sounds like a couple different things in play. One easy might be the dash radio as there is a switch on/near the dash to switch the radio power from chassis to coach battery and it may be on coach which stays on after ignition shuts down??
But the other will need info on exactly which RV as they are sorted year, make, model and floorplan, even sometimes needing to go down to the rV serial number for early or late year builds. Electronics is one area which is changing fast at this time due to changing gizmos we like!
If you can sort it down to which you have we can often take a look and find some clues?
Click image for larger version

Name:	sun.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	186471

Meanwhile whether to disconnect the batteries will depend on the situation as far as running things down. If you can keep the batteries on some form of charging and not let them go dead, maybe no need to bother taking cables off?
But watch carefully as letting them run flat is a killer for long term good use and best to avoid if at all possible!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 08:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Coach Battery Disconnect Switch

First not the switch to play radio with ignition off. Familiar with that. Today went to disconnect battery to "reboot" system and noticed the radio is now off! Started engine and radio would NOT turn on. Weird. Will look at again tomorrow.

My model is 33d Serial NO ending in 70D69T2

Battery disconnect switch still won't turn off.
Thanks for your response.
gronfranks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, battery disconnect, switch