Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-27-2023, 01:27 PM   #1
Red Baron

Charging and electronics

2014 Winnebago View Profile DC Distribution Panel- Fuse #4 {20amp fuse}Post is loose circuit board is a little discolored all is working fine all wire connections are tight would it be wise to replace circuit board ???
Converter/Charger 55 amp
Schumacher Electric Corp.
RVCDP 55
Thanks everyone for your time and advise- help
George
After some research found out Schumacher Electric does not make Replacement Parts anymore
What would be a good aftermarket replacement for my unit ??/ any help and ideas welcome
George
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 03:09 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hello there, neighbor!
Not sure that is any help but you are close by!

I might tend to look it over a bit before jumping to change the whole unit. Part of that for me would depend on how vital the items that fuse feeds? I did some looking at drawings of the RV and got some conflict with what they show as OEM as built and you finding 20 Amps fuse?
The drawings here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

Not certain which build, early or late but both seem to show 15 amp fuses if I read where and which fuse you mean?
Maybe look at the 12 volt installation drawings to check what I am seeing?
OR do you have any indication that shows that is a 20 amp from build or somebody may have added a higher rated at some point?

What I was hoping to check was what it fed but ran into the questions first!
Are you aware of the wire /circuit ID chart from Winn?
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf
If you find and ID like JF for example, the chart may help to sort what that fuse feeds?

My move might be to find what it means if I'm on a trip and it goes out for sure and leaves me without!
since replacement parts seems out and replacing the whole unit may be tough, perhaps the loss of the circuit is nothing critical if I just let it ride?

It always seems to come down to needing to balance the trouble of fixing now when it may not become a real problem or how bad does it hurt me if it fails on a trip!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 07:35 PM   #3
Red Baron

Charging/Electronics

Hi Richard Thanks for your speedy reply my Winnebago Information
2014 Winnebago Profile 25G
Mercedes bens 3500 Sprinter Chassis 6cylinder Turbo

# 4 Fuse 20amp is for my 3way Refrigerator
I have to find a aftermarket replacement in the mean time i will remove Circuit board and try re solder loose post {If possible}
P.S. 20 amp fuse is Factory installed
GEORGE
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging