Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-13-2017, 06:45 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Electronics question

I have a new 2017 Winnebago Vista LX 35F. My 39 inch TV has an HDMI cable that goes somewhere out of sight? Also below the TV is a sensor (IR I think) that flashes when any remote is used. Does anyone have an idea what this cable and sensor are for. I called my dealer and they want me to make an appointment and bring it in. One idea is a video command center with remote? Wanted to ask here before taking it in. Thanks Robert
fcbbob15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to the forum. I have a 2016 Journey. So, my answer may or may not apply. I have a black rectangular box below all three TVs that is about 3/4" tall and 6" long. It has four lights numbered 1,2,3,4. It is the video source selector. 1 is DVD, 2 is Sat 1, 3 is Sat 2 and 4 is Aux. Hope this helps.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

fcbbob15, the HDMI cable goes to the cabinet up front where the satellite receiver would be located. The IR sensor by the TV is the remote IR receiver that is wired to a transmitter button located in the same cabinet at the satellite receiver location. The transmitter needs to be attached to the front satellite receiver when you install one. Now depending if you have a early or late 2017 model the video cabinet is either up front or over the door.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:34 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Gentlemen Thank you! Found it. I didn't even know those cabinets were there. I have the over head bunk and thought that they didn't open because of no handles on them. The box is in the middle one and wires go to the left one for sat box. That saves me a ton of work. If your ever going to be in Vegas I owe you lunch.
fcbbob15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:28 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Hey to help you out in the future, if you go to Winnebago's site and Go to " Resources/Product Information/ then select your year and model/Manuals & Diagrams. From there you can download all of the manuals and diagrams for your MH. They do come in handy for things just like this.
Enjoy the new MH, Awesome floor plan.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
fcbbob15, the HDMI cable goes to the cabinet up front where the satellite receiver would be located. The IR sensor by the TV is the remote IR receiver that is wired to a transmitter button located in the same cabinet at the satellite receiver location. The transmitter needs to be attached to the front satellite receiver when you install one. Now depending if you have a early or late 2017 model the video cabinet is either up front or over the door.
That IR system can be used on any remote activated electronic devise. Its main function it to provide a way to remotely control a Sat receiver, a DVD player or other devise without opening the cabinet or if there is no line of sight.
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:36 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

For many sat receivers like the Dish Hopper the remotes don't use IR they use radio signal and in that case the IR is not needed between the remote and the Sat Rcvr. For sure it is needed for DVD players.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote