Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-11-2023, 09:48 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Blank Precision Circuits Monitor Panel on 2022 Adventurer

Screen back light works, but no data in the screen. It had been working fine in the morning, but looked like this after a day's travel to a new campground that including some heavy rain.
Everything electrical in the coach seems to be fine including the batteries showing at 13.5 amps.
I called Precision Circuits and they feel the monitor panel went bad, but it has no effect on the performance of the system - it is still doing what it supposed to do in the background. In fact, we never really bothered looking at the panel other than to check when power came on in the coach when we plugged into a new site. We were in three different 30 amp campgrounds before this and we got addicted to looking at it pretty regularly.
He had me turn off the coach battery master switch and back on to see if anything happened other than the backlight still working - it was. Also had me unscrew the panel and unplug the phone cord and put it back in - no change.
Curious if this makes sense to you in the know and if you have had a similar experience.
Thanks and safe travels!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	precision circuits monitor.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	186931  
Old 08-11-2023, 03:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

OK, a minor miracle? Just got back to the coach and 36 hours or so later the panel is working...maybe some how related to the wet drive I mentioned on my water intrusion issues in a couple bays in a separate thread? That was on the opposite side of the electronics and converter, but who knows. Just happy it's back!
Safe travels!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20230811_164211.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	186939  
Old 08-11-2023, 04:31 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Given the things you report, I might guess there are couple things possible.
One is that the two events are connected and the other is that they are just things that happened at the same time to confuse you!

If they are connected, I might want to consider if there is any way for water to get into some space where the wiring for the monitor senses the battery voltage.
I would think it unlikely but if the wiring got wet, perhaps at the batteries, It might also make it go open and stop reading. Not a high [prospect in my thinking as that would also seem likely to have led to a short to ground if there was that much water getting in.
But that is very much just making assumptions without much be back it!!

A second and perhaps easier to think is that there is a loose wire and went open for a bit while it was raining but not really related and then moved around to make contact again.
On this one, I might want to find that connection and see if it is actually loose and needs to be tightened.
I lean to second over first but both juist theory!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 05:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Doing a little thinking of what I might do in this case and perhaps some small bits of info that mya help---if you choose to chase it now or if it comes back later, as intermitant things tend to do?

I've not looked behind a montiro panel in so long, much of my experience may be totally out!
But when you took the panel off to get tot eh ohone cord, did it also have a group of small wires, perhaps solidly soldered to the board? I'm thinking this iwll be a place where Winnebagod adds wires to do tyhe various function and brings those wires to a poin near the panel and then those two groups of wires are plugged together. Maybe something like a Molex plug if you know those?
A couple thoughts for you to consider, if you so choose!
Perhaps pulling that board out and maybe you can pull the wires out enough to find a set of plugs and make sure they are solidly snapped together?
Not unusual for plugs like this to get snapped together near enough to work but whatever form of clamp/grip doesn't really get all the way snapped on as good as it should and they can worm around and work or not work just kind of random as the feel!

A second part of that while you have it out, is to consider looking at the wires that Winebago have installed for the ID stamped on the ends of each wire?
IF (big IF!) you find my guess right, you may be able to find the wire ID that tells you what each wire does and where it comfes from and goes to!

Name:	wire ID.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	186940

Then we have a list of wire ID here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

We can look up the ID found on a wire or work it in reverse if we know only that we want wires going to the monitor.
By getting the ID chart up, hitting "ctrl and F at the same time, we get a dropdown where we can input a term like "monitor" and get a list of where that term appears.
In this case I see a bunch to scroll through but many can be ignored quickly as they are camera or other monitors which we don't care about!

Click this snip to get a better view of what you might find.

Name:	drop.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	186941

This list will give the ID, wire size and color and then from and to locations. That info can help to locate where the other end of a wire next shows up!
Lots of hit and miss but if it comes back or you want to do some checking when not in crisis mode, perhaps a way to move?

Maybe a job for three months from now when you are getting bored?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, panel, vent