Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-29-2023, 01:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Battery Power Question 2023 Micro Minnie 1720FB

2023 1720fb Micro Minnie. My solar controller seems to be operating and shows fully charged and The battery shutoff switch is turned on. I have no power what so ever in the camper. I thought I could run lights and small appliances off the battery. The stabilizer jacks work which is odd to me because nothing else works. Am i missing something?

This is my first camper. Picked it up yesterday. love it so far. Thanks in advance.
1woodward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 01:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

We've had a number of these complaints and it seems to be over a number of different models and years of the Winnebago trailers.
Perhaps this info will also fit for your problem?
Before looking, I will put in the info that it is hard to find and many do overlook the tiny little breaker in the metal box!!!

Recommend looking very carefully before deciding it doesn't match what you have as many have overlooked it the first try!

Under the frame near front of cabin, look up to find wiring. Some find breakers that are open and notice them but there are others who find a metal work box, look inside and miss spotting the breaker hiding screwed to the bottom/back of the box and under a bunch of wires.
Lots of reading and may not be for you but it may also be just what you need but it may take careful reading and study!
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3890879
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 01:36 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for getting back to me. I have searched and searched. There is a 30amp fuse between the metal box and battery. It looks fine.
Old 10-29-2023, 02:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1woodward1 View Post
2023 1720fb Micro Minnie. My solar controller seems to be operating and shows fully charged and The battery shutoff switch is turned on. I have no power what so ever in the camper. I thought I could run lights and small appliances off the battery. The stabilizer jacks work which is odd to me because nothing else works. Am i missing something?

This is my first camper. Picked it up yesterday. love it so far. Thanks in advance.
On a Vista the jacks are are powered from the chassis side of the DC electrical system, I think that is fairly common on Winnebago motorized RVs. My operators guide says to always have the engine running when leveling to make sure that the alternator can help deliver full voltage power to the chassis DC system when the leveling is operating.

It is fairly common for solar charge controller battery side connection to be wired to the battery side of the battery shutoff contactor so it can maintain the batteries even when the battery shutoff is activated.

Since you have solar to maintain your coach batteries there is no reason to use the storage switch unless you store your RV under cover where the solar panels can't generate power there.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 03:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

The breaker is not in the metal box. On the tongue the circuits are attached with a bracket and I don't see a button. Everything i have read is about 2022's and older. Is there a chance 2023s are diffrent?
Old 10-29-2023, 04:21 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

This is where I see it missed like I mentioned!
Have you looked inside the metal box? Pulled the mess of wires back to see the bottom of the box where the tiny little breaker that looks like a microswitch sets on many?

I will admit that this is based on assumptions that may be wrong but it is such a frequent problem that I'm betting !
Old 10-29-2023, 04:26 PM   #7
Site Team

Look for small red box with dimples. There is an equally small button on the side. Pushing it resets the breaker in side the matchbox sized red box.

Here’s a photo. You may not have the bigger box but that little red box is the resettable fuse.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0305.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	187711  
Old 10-29-2023, 05:28 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

HI 1woodward1,

Since you have a newer model Micro Minnie, this post may help. Check for a resettable breaker on the inside of tongue's a-frame on the driver's side. I believe Winnebago moved the breaker that was in the junction box on the older Micro Minnies to the inside of the a-frame on the newer models.

Fred
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 06:16 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Check for specific info on post 14, 19, and 23 of the post referred to above. They had a great deal of trouble spotting the reset breaker!
Old 10-30-2023, 11:47 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I am back at it today. I took the circuit breaker out to inspect it for the elusive reset button. I did not find the button but the circuit itself looks bad. corroded and the plastic seal is separated.
[Removed bad photo links]
I am going to pull all three circuits and replace. Still can't find the button.
Old 10-30-2023, 04:57 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I changed all the circuits and still no luck. The new circuits do not have a button. Where can I order the same circuits that were originally installed?
Old 10-31-2023, 05:29 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

I would start by contacting Winnebago Towables customer care service. Here's the link to Winnebago's contact page. Scroll down for Towables contact information.
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 06:45 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Drawings and plans are good if we can get them but some simple logic can also get it done if we go about it in a thoughtful way.
Some simple ideas on how things like breaker boxes/fuses panel are built and wired should help clear lots of confusion.

Power comes form a source like the batteries. It comes into a point on larger wire as it carry the full load of all the branch circuits. There will be some form of main protection and then some methods like wires or buss bars to get to the sub sections or smaller breakers and smaller wires for the smaller current going to those circuits.

If we look at the battery, we see some form of wire leaving and going to the main breaker. It will carry the most current, so will be the largest wire in most cases! Spot what color and gauge of wire that is and then find the other end at the breakers or fuses.
Test the voltage to see you get the same voltage as at the battery. Then check that the same voltage is getting through that breaker or fuse.
Follow the path to the next breaker or fuse and do the same thing at each point.
Make sure what goes in also comes out the other end!
At some point, you will either come to the item that circuit powers or you will find the fault, either an open breaker or fuse or a bad connection!

A trailer only has 10-20 circuits so it should not be that hard to look for where the power goes in but doesn't come out the other side!
Old 11-06-2023, 07:26 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

I have had nothing but issues with my electrical on my micro Minnie, the dealer cannot figure out what the problem is. As soon as I turn the battery switch on to the trailer, my power starts to drop. They first said it was wired wrong from the factory. Our next trip the air conditioner would only blow warm air. Took it in and that’s said no issue found. This weekend we went again and after 4 hours, while asleep and using the gas heater, the battery died and alarms started going off. I had to hook my trailer up to my truck to get the jacks up and close the awning. I also love my trailer , but this is a huge issue. It was 27 degrees where we were, with no heat.
John 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 10:13 PM   #15
Site Team

John 6, why take your TT to an incompetent dealer to attempt fix things and fail?

Find a good independent shop or mobile Tech that knows how to troubleshoot and really fix things. It may take some time and you may have to ask other RVers in your area but it seems your dealer is the last place to go for repairs.

Tags
power, battery