Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2022, 06:12 AM   #1
Reyo12

2012 reyo, only start on Battery boost

Had emissions Recall done on 2012 Itasca Reyo. Got 3 miles from dealerstopped for fuel. When I got back in, coach wouldn't start. Had to you use battery boost button, to start Coach. Called dealer. They said the Chassie battery was probably low because they had been working on it without running it a lot. So I drove the hour and a half to home. When I got home, I tested the battery. It showed cold cranking amps were just below the Rating on the battery. So I pulled the battery and found out that it was 10 years old. So I replaced it.. But still won't start without using battery boost. I have cleaned all the connections, tested the new battery, it has 870 cold cranky amps. I have checked all the wires for any sign of breakage, but can find none. Have tried to start using a jumper pack, at remote connection, under the hood, and rite on battery, but coach won't crank, either way. But still cranks, using the boost button.
Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any idea how the starter is wired, (is there some way the chassis battery is isolated from the connection, with the boost button ) so I might find a relay or something, that is a disconnect in that system. Any help would be helpful.i have got a wiring diagram from Winnebago, but it shows boost button, but nothing else. Thanks
Reyo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery