Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2004 adventure 37B. The circuit that feeds my back-up monitor, coach heater and battery boost fuse is blown. According to Drawing # 144984 (04 F & G Series), there is a set of fuses that are: Red, Green, Clear, Black, Blue and Gray. I am looking for the Gray fuse with the "KE" wire attached.
I have checked the fuse block under the hood, under the dash, at the battery boost solenoid and the breakers that feed the coach.
Where in the heck are these fuses?

2004 Winnebago Adventure 37B
Charles99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2004 adventure 37B. The circuit that feeds my back-up monitor, coach heater and battery boost fuse is blown. According to Drawing # 144984 (04 F & G Series), there is a set of fuses that are: Red, Green, Clear, Black, Blue and Gray. I am looking for the Gray fuse with the "KE" wire attached.
I have checked the fuse block under the hood, under the dash, at the battery boost solenoid and the breakers that feed the coach.
Where in the heck are these fuses?

Old 11-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Charles, I don't have access to my 'electrical files' at the moment, but I'm thinking that circuit is protected with a resettable circuit breaker. Did you check all the circuit breakers beside your entry door, including the ones behind the small carpetted panel above the last step?

Old 11-24-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

On my 2003 38G the fuse for the backup monitor/coach heater is on the fuse block under the dash, its a 15 amp fuse located in the top row of fuses, viewed from the top.

Steve

2006 Windsor PRT
Dalsn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Try fuse # 16 under the dash. There's a 15 amp fuse that protects the backup monitor. I didn't check to see if it's the same one for the heater/boost but the monitor definitely went blank when I pulled that fuse.

For any newbies that read this post, the instrument panel on Winnebago's lifts up for easy access to "stuff" including one of the fuse blocks. THANK YOU!!!! Winnebago.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I checked fuse #16. On my coach that is the fuse to the radio. I also chacked the breakers under the step. The wire (KE) feeds one of the breakers under the step, which is a 6 amp breaker for the electric step/ignition. According the the wireing schematics, hte (KE) wire is a 20 amp 12 volt Run Only Power Source. (General Purpose (Relay Trigger, Rear Auto HTR, DRL, Monitor, ETC)
Thic circuit feeds a bunch of stuff. Thanks for the advice.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Well I found the Fuse. It is Fuse # 24 (Step Alarm) on the block under the dash. I thought I checked all those fuses, but I missed that one. It is a 15 amp. Right now everything is working. Dont know why it blowed, I am sure it will go again when traveling down the road. Will have to check the wire for any nicks, if I can find it. This circuit runs all the way back to the steps. Thanks for the advice.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:53 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I blew the fuse to the 12 volt "cig lighter" one time after I lifted the dash. Had a hard time finding the fuse but did find it in one of the fuse clusters under the dash. The cause was the 12 volt wire that goes to the cig lighter easily pulls out and will short to any metal under the dash which then pops that fuse. Not sure if the monitor is on that circuit or not but you may want to check that connection. Just an idea I thought I would pass along.
Frank O.