Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2022, 05:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2005 Voyage TVs

Brand new RV owner of a 2005 Adventurer Voyage 33 foot and I cannot get the TVs to turn on. Running on Generator and full AC current nothing turns on except for the TV any power etc. been all through the manual but can’t see what I am doing wrong? The TV in the bedroom doesn’t turn on either? I hit the reset button in the entertainment Center but still no go… Any ideas what I am missing?
Bornbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 05:32 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

First off welcome to the club.

You will most likely be having some folks come on who know awhole lot more about power than I do. But first lets lay some better ground work for them.

Your statement at least for me is a little confusing. Fist off are you running on Generator or plugged into shower power?

You say nothing turns on EXCEPT the tv which lets us believe the TV does turn on. Just alittle clearing that up will help.

Do you have power anywhere else in the coach? Have you tested any outlets?

Let look at the idea you have power in the coach and everything works except the tvs. For both the front and rear tvs not to turn on is strange as most likely they are on different circuits. I would unplug the front tv and plug into current from a seperate source via extension cord. At least by doing that you will know if the tvs work or not. The entertainment center has nothing to do with the 120v operation of the tv's.

Thats all I have for now until you provide more detailed info.
Hopefully other folks will get you up and running
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 07:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
First off welcome to the club.

You will most likely be having some folks come on who know awhole lot more about power than I do. But first lets lay some better ground work for them.

Your statement at least for me is a little confusing. Fist off are you running on Generator or plugged into shower power?

You say nothing turns on EXCEPT the tv which lets us believe the TV does turn on. Just alittle clearing that up will help.

Do you have power anywhere else in the coach? Have you tested any outlets?

Let look at the idea you have power in the coach and everything works except the tvs. For both the front and rear tvs not to turn on is strange as most likely they are on different circuits. I would unplug the front tv and plug into current from a seperate source via extension cord. At least by doing that you will know if the tvs work or not. The entertainment center has nothing to do with the 120v operation of the tv's.

Thats all I have for now until you provide more detailed info.
Hopefully other folks will get you up and running
Running a generator so maybe that is a problem? Actually nothing turns on, no TVs players etc. maybe I will try your suggestion about trying a different plug. Thanks 🙏🏻
Old 07-13-2022, 01:50 PM   #4
Site Team

If I understand... you are not on any shore power but are running the generator but it does NOT power anything in your coach.

Is that correct?

Then the first thing to check is the circuit breaker ON THE GENERATOR. You'll find it physically located on the generator in the vicinity of the manual start button on your generator.

Here's a photo of what you should look for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	onan.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	330.8 KB
ID:	183518  
Old 07-13-2022, 03:03 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
If I understand... you are not on any shore power but are running the generator but it does NOT power anything in your coach.

Is that correct?

Then the first thing to check is the circuit breaker ON THE GENERATOR. You'll find it physically located on the generator in the vicinity of the manual start button on your generator.

Here's a photo of what you should look for.
Actually the generator is powering other things like air conditioning and wall plugs, just nothing in the Entertainment Center. I think I need to find the circuit breakers because maybe it is out in the entertainment section. I have tried to push the reset button but that didn’t do it

Tags
voyage