Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2022, 06:55 PM   #1
2007 Journey 36SG

07 Journey, locks, shades, everything on MK not working

I have been chasing what I think is a blown fuse. After looking at the coach diagrams everything on the MK (12v) line in the harness is not working, ground is good. I chased this back to the F1 plug and the diagrams say I should look for the chassis diagrams. I'm stuck where do I go? Help
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 08:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sounds like you have gotten way more out of the drawings than most!! Congrats on being game enough to chase it through!
But now may get into even worse as the wiring info we getis often the part that Winnebago adds to a stripped chassis they get from Ford, Chevy, ETC. and that can mean we get no more wiring info on the partthey did not build!

But that varies, so we need to look more and the answer may depend on exactly which model 07 jouney you have?

When looking at the drawings list for your RV is there a long list and then an added note at the bottom for "complete drawings" ? Have you chased that to an end to see if it gives chassis wiring that may help?
I do not often go there but some info has been there when needed, so worth a look if not tried yet. Inconsistant as to what is listed and what not???

But I might throw in something you may not have found yet??? Are you aware of the way Winnebago stamps wire ID on the wires as a way to help sort where they go and this list to "decode" the ID?

Click image for larger version

Name:	f wire id.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	183915

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

A second thing to throw in is that the list shows your wire MK is a power feed and that may mean it comes pretty directly off a fuse panel. If not checked the fuses for the automotive items like headlights, horn, etc.you might be able to spot the correct one for MK in that box?

But I will say you are getting pretty close to the end of the good info they give us!
See if any of that means anything and shout back if you have questions that we might figure out together as you are getting into an area I've rarely gone!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 04:34 AM   #3
Just Trying to Help

boots-

Automotive Wiring Diagram, sheet 1, zone D-29 (link here)
Front End Wiring Installation, sheet 3, zone C-8 (link here)

Breaker marked "CHASSIS BATTERY FEED"
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 05:36 AM   #4
2007 Journey 36SG

Many thanks, I was pretty sure the MK was a power feed and there is/was a fuse hiding somewhere past the F1 plug to the ASM-chassis. Thanks for the wire markings code, I'll look for that too. I have already discounted the resettable breaker and relay panel in the front center above the gen set.
PS. good ole Navy training basic e&e then on to electronics/computer school followed by computer science at CDC and forty years fixing hardware and software stuff for GD.
Old 08-23-2022, 09:11 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

This shows an example of one complaint I do have with the Winnebago drawings as they seem to make things harder than needed due to being very inconsistant.

I often find they are not the same when moving from one place to another. I know that a number of Rv came with Trik-L-Start installed but had never seen it on drawings until now!

But only in one place and not the two others which show the same part of the wiring!

They show it here

Name:	trik.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	183920

They don't show it on the same page over here?

Name:	trik1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	183921

Nor do they tell us it has one on this!

Name:	trik2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	183922

Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 09:28 AM   #6
2007 Journey 36SG

I believe I have found the problem. A bad 55 amp coach breaker that in not resettable .
Old 08-24-2022, 09:32 AM   #7
2007 Journey 36SG

Bad Breaker on one of the 12v coach lines
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MK Fuse.pdf (1.57 MB, 58 views)

Tags
journey