Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-03-2021, 12:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slideout Control Panel - How Many?

Okay....I seem to not be getting any info on my Slideout issue. I have a 2007 Itasca Sunova...rear slideout (Bedroom) will not work (no in/out). Basically no power to the in/out panel. I've done all the trouble shooting recommend. I talked to Winnebago folks who said I have only one Controller which I found. Tech says that this controller controls both slides, yet when I call the parts people they say there is another but can't tell me where it's located. Just had an RV repair guy out that did tests too and believes it the control panel...but is there another one or is it just the one? Anyone out there have any ideas on this subject? So frustrating in trying to fix this problem.

Brian - Key West
Old 09-03-2021, 06:12 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

It sounds like you are in that old loop that I call "no-tech-techs" as they just want to walk through things without really getting down to the tech parts!

Did any of those "techs" actually try to look at the drawings to see what they have?

Since there is an almost unlimited number of ways to wire RV, I would think a good tech would not try to remember what is involved on every type! That means most good techs will have to look up some info, not just shoot from the hip and blunder through the job.

This is the 12VDC drawing for your RV:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_159727.pdf

Sheet two top and right side show part of the control info for the slides. Rear slide is about top center, while front slide is shown about half way down on right edge.
Slide power also appears on page six, bottom left.

Several controls and modules are mentioned but not location on these drawings. click these snips for a better view or go direct to the drawings for the complete story?

Best of luck to you as dealing with RV repair techs is a real minefield for finding the bad ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide 1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	180757   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	180758  

Name:	slide3.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	180759   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide4.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	180760  

Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 01:35 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Richard. I honestly don't know what they are looking at when I talk with them. Seems I get a different response each time. I was able to find another control panel that I think maybe the issue. Noticed a burn mark on it that may be from shorting out.

If that is it now my problem is the parts department that Winnebago sent me too said it's not longer available (not making them anymore) which leads me to what's next. Still doing some research. Appreciate your response.
Old 09-05-2021, 01:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Photo of the Suspect Control Panel

Attached is a photo of the suspect bad slide control panel.

I'm told they don't make this any more and there is no substitute replacement.

B
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0074.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	314.5 KB
ID:	180774  
Old 09-05-2021, 02:23 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

OUCH! That does look like it has a good chance of being something inside getting together and making it melt through the cover. And is it true that it is a sealed cover, so you have no chance of looking inside? Solid state is nice if they get it put together right before they fill it with epoxy so that things can't get pushed around and get together but not good after it happens!

I also did some looking on that Kwikee part number that shows on the picture and find lots that say it is no longer available but one small point that might be of interest is here as it gives a phone number (no telling how old) and other info?
http://site.dan-marc.com/pg-DigiSync...ing-Module.pdf
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 10:43 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

If you can’t find the part or you have no other choice, the next thing to do is cut everything off and start over again. Go to the motor and see if 12 volts will work the slide. If so, install a switch near by to operate the slide, and be careful not to over load the motor.
You won’t have all the safety features, but in this case you really don’t have any choice.
Maybe, get with some RV junkyards and see if you can buy a used part to fix your problem. Sometimes you just have to make things work the old fashioned way, rig it up yourself. Good Luck......
MrMudstud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel, slide, slideout