Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

Flying J Propane

Propane WARNING for Albuquerque NM and Tucumcari NM locations. Alb (#689) does NOT fill propane on Mondays & Tuesdays; only Wed-Sun from 9am-5pm. Today, Tucumcari (#691) couldn't pump because they didn't have any Receipts!
And I should try another location? Thanks Flying J as unwelcome to RVers
jimpat4649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

When that happened to me it turned out the propane re-fill tech had snagged the emergency shut-off cable on the pump at the filling station and killed it.

Now as it happenes I re-filled this week, there in lies a story of sorts.. I knew of a propane wholesaler who was on an "Alternate" route from where I was to where I was going (a non-freeway route that added zero miles to my trip, may have even clipped one or two and all of 'em 55mph roads too)

So I called ahead and ask the price 2.69/gal Not bad.. She offered me directions.

NOT needed,, I knwo the place well.... You see, when I was growing up on the farm.. That.... Was the farm.

Tags
propane