Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-22-2023, 06:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Check engine light on my brand new 2023 Adventurer 35F

i recently bought this new Adventurer 35F 30th Anniversary Edition that has less than 2500 miles on it and today the check engine light illuminated and I have no idea why, especially since it is so new. I literally picked it up in Alberta Canada and drove it home to Manitoba Canada. have not yet taken it to my first camping trip. Can anyone shed some insight on what I should do. Thanks in advance.
Road Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 06:41 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Since it is brand new and under warranty, you might want to take it to the dealer for the chassis - not the Winnebago dealer. If that has the Ford V8 engine, you might be able to scroll through the screens on the Driver Information Center for any messages. You could also take it to an auto parts store. A lot of times they will connect a scanner to the On Board Diagnostic (OBD) port under the steering wheel and read the codes for you for free.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 08:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I agree with Bones; not is not the time to DIY and give them the chance to void a warranty.
I'd call the selling dealer and inform their service dept., and keep a record of your conversation. If they refer you to the engine mfgr., do the same thing.
If anyone tells you to drive your new MH with the check engine light on, keep a detailed record of the conversation, and object.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 09:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Since it is saying you likely have something that is polluting more than normal, one easy thing to check on some caps is that the gas cap is fully screwed on tight!

Sometimes those 1 in a hundred shots work out!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 09:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you everyone for your responses. I have a call into the Ford dealer to bring it in and have them check it out.
Road Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 10:17 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
Thank you everyone for your responses. I have a call into the Ford dealer to bring it in and have them check it out.
Be aware that it is not unusual at all for Ford dealers to refuse to accept your motorhome for service.

You’d think since it’s a Ford under a Ford warranty that the dealer would more or less have to service your motorhome. However, Ford dealers that service Ford chassis motorhomes are a very rare breed. They are nearly impossible to find.

Good luck.
Old 06-28-2023, 05:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

The engine light came on and then began blinking as a lost power with 1800 miles on my brand new 2023 22R which has the Godzilla Engine. I believe you have the same engine and these engines have a history of issues connected with misfires, etc....My spark plug #3 wiring failed. Long story with Ford dealer but summary: this is a known issue which was supposedly corrected with engines manufactured after late 2022 early 2023. Ford Dealer assures me that they have thoroughly checked the engine, corrected the problem and that it won't happen again and that all is well, but time will tell. I've attached a link that may be helpful. When engine light went on I called Ford and they recommended that I not drive the rig...it was towed to a dealer in Tampa who works on Motor homes. I am holding my breath with this engine. There are many articles dealing with this and several other related issues but here is a link for you:
Vinnie2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 06:52 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Be aware that it is not unusual at all for Ford dealers to refuse to accept your motorhome for service.

You’d think since it’s a Ford under a Ford warranty that the dealer would more or less have to service your motorhome. However, Ford dealers that service Ford chassis motorhomes are a very rare breed. They are nearly impossible to find.

Good luck.
You can search your Ford owner’s manual or Google the somewhat hard to find phone number for Ford motorhome chassis assistance. They can tell you which dealers have the ability to service your ride. Then confirm with a phone call.

Check your gas cap first as mentioned above.

If I recall correctly the adventurer is about 37 feet long. That will be a little too long to fit in some truck service bays and shut the door. And most dealers don’t have truck bays.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, engine, light, vent