Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Bedroom Slideout

Last year I wrote about my rear slideout creeping out on my 2007 Adventure while driving and based on the suggestions I placed a piece of 2x6 on the floor between the wall and the slide. this appeared to cure the problem. HOWEVER, when I visited my MH to get her out of storage I noticed the bedroom slide out about 8 inches. when I went inside I discovered that the board was still inplace, but the drawer and wall attached to the bed slide were demolished. What would cause the slide to go out without the batteries on ? has anyone else had this problem ? any help would be appreciated. thanx Len
LKANER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

The retract sol. Is not sealing off and nedds replaced would be my guess
NO1RAINH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Yep, leaking solenoid would be the suspect.

The slide forcing it's way out sort of kills any faith you might have in the old "strap" from the floor to the wood side trim method of securing the slide, eh? It looked like a great way to quickly remove the wood trim, so I removed the hardware for our strap and lost it somewhere so it would never be used...
Old 05-11-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

solenoid

thanx for the feedback.
with the house batteries off, do I understand that the pump won't work, however there is enough pressure on the system that the solenoid leaking by will cause this problem ? let's hope the shop can find the culprit.
Len
Old 05-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

On my unit the pump uses the chassis battery.

I believe there is always pressure in the slide sytem, either holding it out or holding it in, especially if you hold the extend/retract switch for a few seconds after the slide is at its limit.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

As DancinCampers indicates, the slides, leveling jacks, and entry step normally are powered by the chassis batteries rather than the house batteries.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

thanx

I talked to the RV Shop yesterday to suggest they check the solenoid and they said they had found it to be the problem and ordered the part. I appreciate learning that the slides work off of the chasis batteries. I have been in the habit of leveling then shutting off the engine and plugging in shore power before I extended the slides. should I keep her running until the slides are out ?
Len
Old 05-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I do jack extension and slides extension and retraction with the engine running whenever possible, per recommendation of HWH, to put less load on the batteries.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

thanx

thanx for everyones help Len
Old 05-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I had a similar problem with my rear slide leaking out after the rv sat for a while. Thanks to the experts on this site, I had the solenoid changed, can't remember if it was the extend or the retract solenoid, but that seemed to cure the problem. Thise babies are not cheap - close to $140.00 each. So much for stocking a spare.

On my 2007 Adventurer, the slides will not work if the ignition is on or the engine is running. Haven't tried the jacks with the engine running - yet. Maybe next time.
IrishRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Slides

IrishRover, when the slide first creeped out coming across 80, I discover that the parking brake needs to be set before the slides will retract with the engine running. Len
Old 05-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Thank You!

Checked it out this am and you are so correct! Much appreciated.

Pat D.
IrishRover is offline   Reply With Quote