Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-17-2023, 07:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Bay door damaged on 2017 Vista 29VE

Hi all, our first trip out West. We've reached Wyoming. One of our bays doors flew open and it's damaged actually bowed out. We have it duck taped for now. I need to order a new bay door and replace this. Not sure where to start. Any suggestions. 2017 winnebago vista 29ve. Drivers side first large bay door next to propane tank nearer the front. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
monytaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 09:06 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

There should be a sticker on the inside of the door with the part number. Get that then call Winnebago. If not, you can go to the Winnebago website and look at parts diagrams.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Info from this parts catalog
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
And this section:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/2017/303151.htm

Please verify date of your RV as well as check that I did get the door as you mentioned??? Build date of your RV should be on label next to driver's side!

I think this is correct but nothing on the internet should be trusted without giving it some thought, as it is fully in "disinformation mode" !

I might be lying to you ---whether I know it or not!

Click this snip to get better view!

Click image for larger version

Name:	door.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	187015
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 01:29 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Winnebago does not ship parts directly to customers so let the Lichtsinn RV Parts Team help find the part you need!

Winnebago Parts Online, a subsidiary of Lichtsinn RV, Forest City Iowa

Winnebago will make a new door in their plant from Lichtsinn's order and ship it to Lichtsinn, a mile from the plant. Then Lichtsinn will ship it to you. I just ordered new slide seals which did not need to be custom made and got them in less than a week. Lichtsinn shipped UPS ground with no markup on the cost of shipping. Their prices were reasonable, at least for the replacement slideout seals.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 06:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks to all of you for your quick replies. As usual one of many of you come through with help. I have called Litchsinn and left a message with appropriate info. In waiting now a call back. Maybe I will get lucky and get the bay door replaced soon. Thanks again
monytaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door