Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-24-2020, 06:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

An Easier Anchor

I take so many good ideas from these forums, that I just wanted to share something I found to be particularly helpful. I found this idea as a kit online. I then just went to Home Depot and bought the pieces separately. It’s 3/8 12 inch lag bolts, 3 pieces of chain and a fender washer (I rarely need the fender washer). I use these to anchor my awning, to tie down my mats and anything else I need to attach to the ground. These take the place of those big screw down anchors like for pets or the pound-in-the-ground tent pegs. With these, I use my battery operated drill to drive the lag bolt through the center link of chain into the ground and attach either bungee cords or rope to one of the outside links. It is a LOT easier than tent pegs or big screw in anchors. I use 6 anchors every time I set up and putting these in and taking them out is very easy. Anyway, I just wanted to give back to the community that’s helped me so much. Hope someone finds this helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	79F0A903-B1B6-4D43-A5EF-AA62FB1C823D.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	174757   Click image for larger version

Name:	99D73A97-2C3B-4FFC-935E-EEA92BC196FC.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	174758  

Dlvgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

What a great idea! On my way to Home Depot now.!

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote