Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-18-2020, 10:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Angry Air and electric horns

Marry Christmas to all!
I need some assistance in locating my air horn solenoid. I have a 2001 36ft Winnie Journey DL. This coach has 38K on the clock and 700 hours on the gen set. I don't have ANY horns. Air or electric. But, I do hear the relay clicking on and off when I depress the horn button. I pulled off the leads to the electric horn and hold the horn button on the steering wheel down and to my surprise there is no voltage on the wiring connected to the body of the horn. I see in the gen set area to the right of the fuse panel, a blue device with what looks like a pressure regulator with a knob on it feeding a blue device with the name Rexnord on it. That seems to have two separate 12 volt feeds and two plastic tubes leaving it, going somewhere. Could this be the air horn solenoid? I need to remove the 12 volt wiring from it and check for voltage when pressing the horn button, just wanted to be reassured that this IS the right device.

Thanking everyone in advance!
Cajunmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 02:52 PM   #2
aa1ssradio

That might be your vacuum pump for your vents
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 04:43 AM   #3
Just Trying to Help

Cajunmech-

Wiring diagrams for your coach are here.

Air horn wiring starts on the Automotive Wiring Diagram, sheet 2, zone B-7.

Follow that through to the Auto Lamps Wiring Diagram and you'll see that circuit "NJ" feeds the electric horns on the left side of the coach, and circuit "NK" feeds the air tank valve on the right side of the coach.

The air horn switch determines which horn is active. The Front End Wiring Installation diagram, sheet 6, shows that switch is the bottom on in the column between the instrument panel and the rear-view monitor.

On another topic, you should add a signature to your user profile. It usually includes the year, make and model of your coach, but can include other information. A signature is appended to each post. To create/edit a signature, click on the "User CP" link in the orange bar at the top, then click on "Edit Signature."
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 12:35 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Cajunmech - Here is a picture of the air horn tank and solenoid on my Horizon, I think it’s the same on your Journey. The blue device you referred to is the dual air solenoid that operates the step well cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0BFB0650-8580-4D65-BD9A-9A1F2FA41B41.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	410.1 KB
ID:	176444  
JaminSamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 12:37 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Yep that a what it thought.
Thanks!
Cajunmech is offline   Reply With Quote