Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-23-2022, 10:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2006 Outlook slide out issue

Our 2006 Outlook 25F has an issue with slide out clearance on the floor. As I move the slide out outward, the section near the back of the coach barely clears the floor. I can only take it out about half way before it drags on the floor and starts to pull the cabinet apart. *We did replace the old carpet with vinyl planks*
Here's what I have been told to do:
1) Elevate the entire floor so that it sits higher and wont drag. Didn't work
2) Add carpet to the bottom of the "shoe" or the metal piece that runs under the slide out to give it elevation and so that the new vinyl planks we installed don't get scratched. Didn't work
3) Adjust the slide out from the outside. I had this done by an RV mechanic. Didn't work.
4) Replace what Lippert calls the "plastic wear block split" item number 383482 or what my manual calls "wear pad" item number 1612531. These are on the L shaped plastic pieces that have eroded or fallen out of the bottom of the supports in the back. Makes sense, since the front support has them in place and does not drag up front. I called Lippert, they told they no longer make that part, but would be able to manufacture them for me. In the meantime, I had a guy set up to install them for me. I just found, after two weeks, that they cannot manufacture them for me. I was told to google the items or see if I can find a person to make them for me. I cannot find them (I need two) anywhere. I have my repair guy set up to install them this Friday, April 29th.
We have been on a cross country trip since Labor Day and need to sell the coach since we have to go back to our jobs. We were planning to do this in early May after we get this repaired.

Ill attach the pictures so you can the see what I need. One picture shows the actual part, the other shows where it goes on the slide out.

PLEASE HELP!

Click image for larger version

Name:	B9C19AB5-48DC-4E2F-91A2-B6049D070DE0.png
Views:	46
Size:	327.8 KB
ID:	182583

Click image for larger version

Name:	D107D3D6-FAF8-485D-B177-5A9EB125D1D7.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	182584
Shawn Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote