Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Closing in on a 2006 Winne Outlook, 26ft.

Hi ya folks! First post in this forum. Wife and I had our first RV experience this spring, rented a Class C for a couple of weeks and decided we had a good enough a time to go ahead and buy one and take a long USA trip, starting in the Fall.

We are very close to making an offer on this nice looking unit with 52,000 miles. There is some exterior sun damage (paint, decals & awning), I guess it spent some time in AZ, but the interior looks really great and it's the floor plan we want. Has new tires.

I printed out a generic operational checklist but are looking for any advice on things to look for in this model. It is 100 miles from our place, and across a state line, so we can't really take it to an RV center for a pre-buy inspection.

Any tips and/or red flags for this model?

Thanks a bunch.
MurphyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

You need to figure out how to get a RV mechanic to do pre-buy inspection. IMO I wouldn't buy any used MH without one. Have you driven it?
austx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

At our first visit, he took it out on the road with us as passengers and I was satisfied with the jaunt. Both hilly terrain and some highway. It seemed fine, accelerated well and sounded normal.

BTW, a little personal background, I am an engineer and licensed aircraft mechanic, so I do know one end of a screwdriver from another. OTH, working on that Ford engine stuffed in that compartment would be daunting.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Have you personally driven it? Does it have dlides? If so, lower the jacks and then open and close the slides several times (watching and listening inside and out). Are the manuals and maintainance records available to see? These are just a couple of things I can think of. I know some of the other owners can give you more info and tips. Good luck. --Kay
Old 05-21-2015, 10:39 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Well, we bought it! Pick it up tomorrow.

We spend a couple hours going over everything and other than some sun damage at the top of the the awning, everything seems to be in excellent condition.

We don't really know what we are going to do with this thing yet, but we know we will have fun.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome to a FUN lifestyle! Safe travels.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:50 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Did you have your first night in your rig yet? When we first got ours, we stayed in the driveway the first night.
Most of all, have fun!
Mike Leslie
Leslie Mike is offline   Reply With Quote