Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-05-2023, 05:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

1971 Brave D20 engine stalling

Hi everyone, I have a 71 Winnebago D20 I'm an slowly returning to running condition. Currently the LA 318 is getting fuel but its stalling when I get it to running temp. Will not run again until cooled off. Also will not shift smooth into second and will stall.. pretty sure its the distributor and coil set up so I ordered a pertronix hei upgrade for it. Also probably going to have to set vacuum advance as well.. if I install the pertronix ignitor will that solve the vacuum advance issue as well? Need some guidance on this, I'm a professional driver but have little experience turning the wrench. I see now it's time to adopt a new way of Life, thanks in advance for any advice offered. I've set the timing to where it sounds healthy ,have a timing gun but the marks on the btdc and aftertdc I think are not in the proper set. So I'm flying by night here.... Also I will check the differential later today, and flush and fluid. Possibly causing the stalling upon shifting. Seems a little tight back there while I'm rolling down the road doing 9mph. Pretty sure the breaks aren't engaged or locked as I have had to push it and it rolls freely.
Baalguy1836 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brave, engine