Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2021, 03:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Slideout Stalling

Our 2018 Minnie Winnie 31G has a full side slideout on the driver side which worked perfectly when we winterized it last fall. After the winter in storage we brought it home and found that the slideout would not extend. We could hear the rear motor running, but nothing from the front motor. The control module showed a "motor 2 fault" 2 green, 4 red lights. I removed the motor and it seemed to be dead, so I replaced it with a new one. On the first try, the slideout went out just fine (yay) but now when I try to extend it will go out about 2 inches and stop. I can walk it out by pressing the out switch again and I'll get another 2 inches before it stops. Repeating this process it will go all the way out. Same thing coming in, and I'm still getting the motor 2 fault code. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Could it be a bad wire harness? Any thoughts would be appreciated as I'm afraid I might damage the slide by inching it in and out repeatedly.
Aberry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 04:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

One of the things about the motors is that they need to be synced. Every time the slide is extended or retracted the in/out button needs to be held in for a minimum of 5 seconds. Longer is okay. When the slide is all the way in or out you may hear one motor to continue to hum. Hold the button for 5 seconds or longer after the hum/whirring stops.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 04:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the reply. I do hold the button until all noise stops when we extend/retract the slide. Even now when it stops after only a couple inches, I wait until all motor noise stops before I release the button and press it again to get another few inches extension/retraction. If the motors are out of sync, is there a method to re-sync them? Would the motors being out of sync create the motor fault error code I'm seeing on the control module?
Aberry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 05:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I have found that LIppert is very helpful on the phone. They will talk you through a problem. The manual tells you how to override the system but one has to be very careful as all safety mechanisms a in place are now inoperable. Those motors are very strong and can break things. If you notice one side going out more than an inch or two - stop - it shouldn't do that.
Old 04-04-2021, 05:42 PM   #5
Site Team

Here is a link to a video on resynching your slides, assuming you have the PowerGear slides from Lippert.

https://youtu.be/lElplxSYDRE
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

They are designed to have a bit of slack in the mechanisms and that will "resync" if working right and we do hold the button to let the one which is behind catch up.

Maybe the next time it goes out and stops after a couple inches, try bringing it fully back in and letting it operate a bit after what feels right. They are designed for this and it may just help the resync.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:30 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Power Gear or Shwintec, same controller, same motor, me thinks.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Check your motor and controller connection. What you are describing is a loss of feedback signal from the motor. The jog allows you to bring the slide in or out a little at a time in an emergency. This could also be a bad cable. I had a mouse eat one of the feedback wires with the same results.

Sam
uthurricaner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout