Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-09-2017, 07:05 PM   #21
GG1
Winnie-Wise

Who said call the ceo's office. Are you kidding its Winnebago Industries not Tiffin.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:08 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

So many apologists for Winnebago on this Forum. YOU just don't understand how it works, or how we intended it to be, ie, you are a stupid idiot not to accept OUR explanation, not that you are wrong. You are a non-believer! Hold your ground, you know what's right and wrong, don't be perverted by Winnebago BS

Our coach has the better than sliced bread original Schwintek worm gear slides, they tried to brainwash us how fortunate we are. Sure, correct, we are wrong, we will smoke your "ganja".

Every problem you present to them they swear they have never seen before. They have such a backorder there is no incentive for quality control. Unfortunately Winnebago is out of control!

Was up on the roof yesterday dealing with an over tightened roof top a/c belly pan causing the condenser fan motor mounting screws to loosen and back out. The entire fan unit "dancing" and hitting the condenser coil. Aircel/Coleman was aware Winnebago caused this, never a word from Mother Winnebago. Secret, sssssh policy! We're past warranty!
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:25 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

tarasparents. i feel your pain. ive heard that many times. and experienced it a few, not at winnebago, but from sears repair service. its frustrating. most mfgs do make an effort to get it right.
unfortunately, that person that feels like they got the runaround doesnt see it that way. all i can say, is to persist. sooner or later, you can talk to the regional service rep. he is the one that can help in this kind of situation. thats what i would recommend. be sure to have all the paper work for proof of attempts to repair. this is what he needs to verify your claim.
ive been a service manager for rvs over 30 years. there is no good reason for what happensed there. but maybe the regional rep can help.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:56 PM   #24
GG1
Winnie-Wise

Its unfortunate but you hear the same comments over and over about Winnebago. You would think they'd stand behind their products even after the warranty runs out, I guess you can't expect that much for a cheap 200k + price tag. I used to hear comments about other companies now I see the same comments from customers who bought Winnebago products. It doesn't seem to matter the company keeps telling prospective customers how great they are maybe the buyers should spend more time reading this forum.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:53 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

FWIW, one of the few times that I couldn't resolve an issue with a major company (not Winnie)at the customer service level and couldn't get past their runaround, I found the email for their investor relations and emailed them with what I was facing and would they mind forwarding my email to someone who could make a decision. Within two days, i got a call from a manager that bent over backwards to resolve my issue. It was evident that she was told to make it right, even then, she still tried to not refund me but I just said I'm waiting on a response to an email so I will wait on that. Refund issued that day.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:35 PM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

Looking at a Winnebago now. Maybe no longer.
WorldCat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Well to answer some questions and to state some facts that happened to me or that I saw with my own eyes.

I am (2 more days) on a 4 month trip visiting National Parks. Left Arizona down to the Keys, up to Maine, Washington, back to home. Left with a NEW 17' Winnebago View. I did do a short trip to Tombstone to check out function of RV. Turned it into selling dealer to fix issues. I kept a list of things to fix when we get to Forest City since it would take a couple of months. For those that are trying to make excuses for Winnebago, I had a appointment when I showed up.

Well I was very excited to show up finally to the service department of a manufacturer. Since this is my third RV I have dealt with third party techs a lot and thought I was finally going to get things done to standard. I had a small list and thought I would be there two days. Three at most. I left two weeks later with a damaged floor, broken skylight and a half working inverter (I had to stop at the Oregon Winnebago Service Department to fix. They said this thing isn't even working to 50% capacity.) I have to go back there to have them put a new floor in. They seemed to be a professional place so far.

While I was in Iowa I saw more coaches come out of service and go back in with unsatisfactory work than this forum would believe. My RV had to go back to CDI to get painted twice because the paint came off. They painted my tire. Over spray everywhere. CDI is a joke. I heard complaints everywhere about them. They even set up shop in Oregon now and the techs there are pissed. I could tell you stories about my two weeks for days. It was a circus.

After week one the only person I delt with was Marv. He was a good to go guy. He was out of office the last two days I was there and it went back to the same stardard. 'See if he will sign off on this crappy job and leave" standard.

Will I buy another Winnebago? No. I will trade for a Tiffin when they make the Wayferer in the V layout.

Tags
winnebago