I did a lot. It took me about 1.5 hours. I took my hood off and inspected both hinges and attach brackets. My brackets were adjusted differently on both sides so I adjusted them to be approximately the same using a piece of wood that I cut as a way to compare each hinge to the surrounding body. This helped me understand how the hinges worked but in the end I don't think it was necessary as when I reinstalled my hood it still didn't fit correctly.
What I finally did was to loosen all three bolts holding the hinge bracket in place on one side of the hood. The two upper bolts are studs with 1/2 inch nuts. Loosen the nuts. The bottom fastener is a rubber stop held in place by an upper and lower 1/2 inch jam nuts. I loosened the lower nut. By the way all you will need is two 1/2 inch wrenches. Once everything was loose on the passenger side with the hood open so there is access to tighten the fasteners push in on the top of the hood and pull out on the bottom of the hood. This pressure will push the top of the hinge bracket back and pull the bottom out. Keeping the pressure on I tightened all of the nuts starting at the top and working down. I repeated this process on the other side. For my rig I needed all of the adjustment available. It might be helpful to have a helper to put pressure on the hood but I was able to do it by myself.
After I made the adjustment to the hood hinge brackets the top of the hood hit the top of the hood recessed opening. I loosened the nuts on one side of the hood and adjusted the hood down. I repeated the process lowering the other side. I made adjustments till my hood decals aligned with the body decals.
Next I adjusted the five rubber stops so that they contacted the hood when closed.
I hope this works for you.
Please let me know if it helps.