Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Does anyone know when and how often the plant will be operational? We ordered a Suncruiser on 10/15/08. We heard they were only working every other week and would close for three weeks during the holidays. Does anyone know if this is true and/or if there has been any changes at the Winnebago plant to their schedule? The last we heard our coach would be ready for final inspection on 2/3/09.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Does anyone know when and how often the plant will be operational? We ordered a Suncruiser on 10/15/08. We heard they were only working every other week and would close for three weeks during the holidays. Does anyone know if this is true and/or if there has been any changes at the Winnebago plant to their schedule? The last we heard our coach would be ready for final inspection on 2/3/09.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Call Winnebago.

When I ordered my motorhome I never contacted the selling dealer. I called Winnebago directly, gave them my name and they always told me where my motorhome was in the build process. Close to the end they gave me the ship date.

Note, if yours has full body paint that will add at least a week to the build date.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Tom,
We called Winnebago once in late November. The customer relations guy was very nice and reluctantly told us the due date but said we should really be talking to our salesman. Our salesman has taken a leave of absence and corresponds with us by email. We would really like some specific information from a source we can count on. The customer relations guy kept saying "This is a bad time, a very bad time." We're nervous and wondering if we should try to get our deposit back. Thanks for the advice. We'll call Winnie next week.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oldcarfun:
We're nervous and wondering if we should try to get our deposit back. Thanks for the advice. We'll call Winnie next week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oldcarfun, I have no doubts that Winnebago Industries will deliver your coach when they said they would. In 2002 when I ordered my current motorhome it took us 10 to 12 weeks to get delivery of our coach and this was during normal production times. The ETA of 2/3/09 given the current production schedule does not appear to be an excessively long time to wait for your new coach. I say stay the course and your coach will be here before you know it.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hi DriVer,
We've adjusted to the 2/3/09 final inspection date plus time for delivery. We just want to make sure that it's true and there aren't other things happening that we don't know about. These are nervous times.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oldcarfun:
..."The customer relations guy kept saying "This is a bad time, a very bad time." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't own any RV manufacturer stock, so I don't track it but today looked up the following:

Fleetwood: last closed at $.07, with a 52 week high of $6.14 and a low of $.07
Winnebago: last closed at $6.32, with a 52 week high of $24.14 and a low of $4.22
Monaco: last closed at $.60, with a 52 week high of $12.22 and a low of $.39
Thor: last closed at $13.54, with a 52 week high of $38.59 and a low of $12.06
Coachmen: last closed at $1.85, with a 52 week high of $6.01 and a low of $.48
Skyline: last closed at $20.00, with a 52 week high of $34.60 and a low of $15.51

The overall numbers look even worse if you go back 3-5 years, as the 'high' typically goes up quite substantially. Even worse, I was surprised at the RV manufacturers that were listed at 'zero', as 'in gone for now...' I'm glad I don't own any of these but like most people, have not gone unscathed in the stock market: among others, I own Starbucks!
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote