Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

The cold valve on my outside shower is leaking and wont shut off. I took apart the top of the valve, but I couldn't get the valves out. Do they come out the front of the faucet??

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

The cold valve on my outside shower is leaking and wont shut off. I took apart the top of the valve, but I couldn't get the valves out. Do they come out the front of the faucet??

Old 06-23-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

You should be able to take out the center cap on the valve handle. Remove the handle and then remove the valve stem itself. They sell replacement parts or complete valve stem replacements.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:17 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

If you have problems with the repair check the price for the whole faucet. I had to repair/replace the one on one of our coaches and found that the whole faucet was $10- $15. The dealer said it wasn't worth getting the parts. I rplaced the faucet and still have the old one for partsthat I hope I never need.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:33 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

We also replaced the complete unit. The price was less than $15.00 from the dealer. The price of new outdoor faucets was so cheap they didn't stock any replacement parts. As an added precaution I added a shutoff valve in each line about 6' upstream from the faucet. If another one fails I can just shut it off until I can get a replacement.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:26 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Thanks everyone, on mine I couldn't get the valves to budge. do you take the water line off from the rear first to remove the assembly from the mounting plate?

Old 06-24-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

The water lines must be dissconnected from the rear first. Then there are two plastic nuts, one on each valve connection that holds the valve to the mounting plate.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Sammie, I just finished replacing the entire unit. I also added a new adjustable water pressure regulator from Valterra. I got it at Camping World for $49. It adjusts pressure from 10 to 80 pounds and has an incorporated pressure gauge. It has hose connectors on each end and is made of brass. I installed it in line with the fresh water line. I set it to #65. That should help to preserve the valves on the other faucets.

Sarge